Oscar Knight
CONTACT US TODAY! We are here to help.


As a landlord, the income you gain from letting property, minus the cost of certain allowable expenses, is subject to income tax, whether or not you live in the UK or abroad.
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) demands that you (and any other legal owners of the property) individually declare the rental income using a Self-Assessment tax return.


Non UK-resident landlords


If your normal ‘place of abode’ is outside the UK (read more on the definition of this) then we are required by law to deduct Basic Rate Tax from the rent we receive on your behalf, and pay this to HMRC.

That is, unless we have authorisation from them to pay rent to you without deducting tax under the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme (apply here). You will need to quote our reference number, 904/NA048185.

Find out more about non-resident landlords and tax from HMRC and we also recommend you take advice from your accountant or tax adviser.