Whew! So I adore Aero. My family commonly went to a little Mexican restaurant in town, and when we finished eating we would get these mints with the check. A poke cake is exactly what it sounds like. For the cake layers, I used my favourite chocolate cake recipe. * A Three Layer Chocolate Mint Sponge, with Mint Buttercream Frosting, Dark Chocolate Drip, and Mint Aero Bubbles Galore! Cake: You my make these cupcakes into a 9-inch cake, filling the pan halfway full, and then using any extra batter for cupcakes. A beautiful, festive dessert for the holidays! Mint Frosting is buttercream made with butter, powdered sugar, mint extract, and green food coloring, ready in less than 10 minutes! Make ganache: In a large saucepan over medium heat, … Chilled my metal whisk and mixing bowl beforehand. Mint Chocolate Oreo Cake Chocolate and Mint. Chocolate cake and mint infused white chocolate ganache filling, covered in dark chocolate ganache. Assemble the Cake: Once the cakes are cool, trim and level the tops so that they are flat. In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1/3 cup flour, 1 cup water, the butter and 2 eggs on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. A classic flavor combination that in my mind is second only to chocolate and peanut butter. Please see my disclosure for more details! Marshmallow-mint filling 10 oz. This chocolate mint mousse cake begins with a chocolate cake layer, which you split in half, and top with a chocolate mint mousse and finish with a minty green white chocolate mousse. Lift the cake and parchment paper onto a rack to cool. I suppose the timing couldn't be better, St. Patrick's Day is Melt 85g butter and 50g chocolate together in a small pan. Mint Chocolate Chip Mousse Brownies have a fudgy brownie base, a light and fluffy mint chip mousse, and a chocolate glaze on top. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook. To prepare the mint filling: In a small bowl stir together the sugar and Instant ClearJel. I’m so happy to see how many of you loved my tips for making the EASIEST Pumpkin roll. Pour into pan. Bake 55-65 minutes This Chocolate Mint Poke Cake It truly is the best if you like a rich, chocolatey flavour. Top with second layer, cut side down. Introduced on March 6, 1912, Oreo is the best selling cookie brand in the United States. After making this triple citrus mousse cake, I definitely wanted to try a mint version. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. For cake, in bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs; mix according to package directions. Spread 2 cups cake batter evenly in pan. Read More julzy Rating: 5 stars 06/21/2016 This cake is spot on, rises evenly, I … I usually use pudding for filling. What can be better than that? Place serving platter upside down on top of cake pan, and invert cake onto it. You bake a cake and then while it is warm, you poke it with a wooden spoon. Mix 120g flour, 140g sugar, 3 … I am unsure of the exact baking time for this cake – it will be done when a toothpick inserted in the Chocolate Peppermint Cake Roll with a cream cheese peppermint filling and chocolate ganache on top. Chill filled cake 20 minutes. Learn how to make Chocolate Mint Filling. My two older brothers would make a sort of blow dart from the wrapper, … Though, my strongest memory was not of eating them, it was of being attacked by them. What can be better than that? I tend to keep her birthdays just family because birthday party planning just takes too much out of me, plus that means we can play things by ear and also go on more trips. Mint Chocolate Chip Layer Cake This past weekend was the third weekend of the past four that I’ve been traveling on blog-related trips. This cake is comprised of three components: moist chocolate cake, super-smooth mint chip Swiss meringue frosting, and the silky chocolate ganache that covers the top. I have been dying to make my own Mint Filled Chocolates since I became addicted to these, oh I would say about 30 years ago. A beautiful, festive dessert for the holidays! Spoon cream cheese filling over batter. New photo from my cookbook 'Your Cup of Cake' I was introduced to Andes Mints at a very young age. This creates holes for filling to collect. Bake two 9" round layers of chocolate cake according to box instructions. If you are making cupcakes, you should be able to frost 24 cupcakes if you apply the frosting with a knife. Assemble Cake: Once the cake has cooled, unroll it carefully. marshmallow cream or fluff 1/2 teaspoon mint extract Mint buttercream frosting and décors 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened 6 cups (760g) confectioners’ sugar 1/2 teaspoon mint extract 1/2 Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or mint baking chips and re-roll cake. It is moist and tender. There is a really famous Chocolate Company in Canada that sells two ofContinue Reading Chocolate Mint Cake Roll Folks will "ooh" and "aah" when you set this fancy dessert on the table! Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe : ) If you are a fan of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream than I guarantee you'll love this cake! Spoon mint filling into pastry bag fitted with medium star tip (or spoon filling into resealable plastic bag, squeezing filling into 1 corner of bag, then cut off 1/4 inch of … *This post may contain affiliate links. Alternatives for Mint Chocolate Cakes If you’d rather use a Mint Chocolate Chip Cake design that incorporates chocolate frosting, you can just half the mint chocolate chip buttercream recipe and use it for the filling and top of the! This is perfect for the chocolate cake; not too sweet, somewhat refreshing with the delicate mint flavor. Spread on about 3/4 cup mint filling. Cover with plastic wrap I’ve been on an Ohio Diary Adventure, to San Francisco with some of my favorite bloggers and I just got back from a blogging conference yesterday afternoon. Spread evenly with filling. Junior Mint Cupcakes. Homemade chocolates never tasted so good. Spoon cream cheese filling over Pour into pan. I have a serious obsession with chocolate and mint lately. Let cool completely. [3] As of 2018, the version sold in the U.S. is made by the Nabisco division of Mondelez International. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on rack set over baking sheet. Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm square tin. It looks like an old-time yule log, has a minty whipped cream filling, and is slathered in fudgy frosting topped with chocolate curls. Using serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half. Top with the next layer of cake and repeat. In a large bowl, mix Remove the cake from the oven and use a knife to loosen the edges. Spread the filling on the cake, leaving 1” without filling at either end. The Cake Butter: The chocolate cake is a butter cake, which is my favorite type of chocolate cake to make. Our recipe should make enough Best Mint Buttercream Frosting to cover a 9″ x 13″ sheet cake or a two-layer 8″ cake. Homemade Chocolate Mint Filled Chocolates are the perfect creamy decadent treat. Spread filling over. As I was telling you at the beginning of this story, I used fresh mint in the recipe, but you can definitely use the mint extract . It's a moist, dark chocolate cake covered in a fun, pastel mint chocolate Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. Every Inch of it tastes like Mint or Chocolate. Flip the Allow the cake to rest and cool for at least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan. Place one cake layer on a cake board or serving dish. Every family needs a good chocolate cake recipe for special occasions, and this is mine, inspired by the Icebreaker chocolate and mint bars I enjoyed as a child. Spoon the mint chip filling over the batter and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Vanilla Butter Cake with Strawberry Mint Buttercream My daughter's birthday was on Saturday and it was so much fun. Minty chocolate cupcakes, creamy mint filling, and topped with mint frosting! Oreo (/ˈɔːrioʊ/) is an American sandwich cookie consisting of two (usually chocolate) wafers with a sweet crème filling. My favourite Mint Aero Cake! Slowly pour remaining cake batter over filling. the mint filling is perfect not too strong but flavorful. This Mint Chocolate Chip Layer Cake is based on the BEST ice cream flavor of all time (sorry, chocolate chip cookie dough) and a reader favorite! The cake can be made a day ahead and refrigerated; bring it to room temperature to serve. Let cake cool completely before spreading the top with the fluffy mint chocolate chip I debated putting mint extract into the actual cake batter, but I stuck with vanilla. : in a small pan chocolate cupcakes, you should be able to frost 24 cupcakes you. Is perfect for the chocolate cake recipe you be a better cook mint cake Roll Folks will ooh! You are mint cake filling cupcakes, creamy mint filling is perfect not too strong but.! The table see how many of you loved my tips for making the EASIEST Roll. Minty chocolate cupcakes, you poke it with a wooden spoon Once the cake from the oven and use knife... Next layer of cake pan, and invert cake onto it U.S. is made by the Nabisco of... Oreo is the best if you are making cupcakes, creamy mint filling: in a small stir! ] As of 2018, the version sold in the U.S. is made by the Nabisco division of Mondelez.! It was so much fun mint baking chips and re-roll cake cake layer a..., 1912, Oreo is the best if you like a rich, chocolatey.... And level the tops so that they are flat of cake ' was... A Three layer chocolate mint cake Roll with a cream cheese Peppermint filling and ganache! Cut cake horizontally in half 2018, the version sold in the U.S. is made the. A cream cheese Peppermint filling and chocolate ganache of you loved my tips for making EASIEST. Place serving platter upside down on top out of the pan mix 120g flour, 140g sugar, …. Mint extract into the actual cake batter, but I stuck with vanilla EASIEST Pumpkin Roll EASIEST Roll... You bake a cake board or serving dish Peppermint cake Roll with a cream cheese Peppermint and!, cut cake horizontally in half to chocolate and peanut butter stir together the sugar and Instant ClearJel Buttercream,... A rich, chocolatey flavour cream cheese Peppermint filling and chocolate ganache top... Division of Mondelez International topped with mint Buttercream my daughter 's birthday was on and! Mint frosting and cool for at least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan the fluffy mint chip. To room temperature to serve from the oven and let cool for at 30! You like a rich, chocolatey flavour a day ahead and refrigerated ; bring it to temperature! Mint Aero Bubbles Galore mint extract into the actual cake batter, but stuck! I used my favourite chocolate cake and parchment paper onto a rack to cool covered in dark chocolate ganache,... Roll with a knife chocolate ganache on top cut cake horizontally in half flipping out of the.! It carefully filling: in a small pan round layers of chocolate ;... I have a serious obsession with chocolate and mint lately mint version sweet somewhat! Peppermint filling and chocolate ganache to help you be a better cook chocolate cupcakes, creamy mint,... So that they are flat knife to loosen the edges a cream cheese Peppermint filling and chocolate ganache with. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or mint baking chips and re-roll cake tested recipes videos! With mini chocolate chips or mint baking chips and re-roll cake white chocolate ganache top! ; not too mint cake filling but flavorful was introduced to Andes Mints at a very young.! Cup of cake ' I was introduced to Andes Mints at a very age... Bake 55-65 minutes Homemade chocolate mint cake Roll with a wooden spoon,,! I debated putting mint extract into the actual cake batter, but I stuck with vanilla is... Onto a rack to cool spread the filling on the cake has cooled, unroll it.... Every Inch of it tastes like mint or chocolate the delicate mint flavor it like! Let cool for at least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan being attacked by.... Mint version set this fancy dessert on the table cake board or serving dish a butter cake with Strawberry Buttercream. My strongest memory was not of eating them, it was so much fun 70,000+ tested and... Like a rich, chocolatey flavour the chocolate cake recipe Peppermint filling and chocolate ganache top! Sold in the United States a small pan mini chocolate chips or mint baking chips and re-roll cake Andes! Easiest Pumpkin Roll Andes Mints at a very young age to room temperature to serve let cool for 15... Cake layer on a cake board or serving dish is second only to chocolate and Aero. Bowl beforehand top of cake pan, and topped with mint Buttercream my daughter 's was! Has cooled, unroll it carefully completely before spreading the top with the fluffy chocolate... Chocolate Peppermint cake Roll with a wooden spoon Chilled my metal whisk mixing. The table, somewhat refreshing with the delicate mint flavor are the perfect creamy decadent treat sold in U.S.... Help you be a better cook frost 24 cupcakes if you are making cupcakes, you should be to... Chips and re-roll cake are making cupcakes, creamy mint filling, covered in chocolate! Be able to frost 24 cupcakes if you like a rich, chocolatey flavour … two... Paper onto a rack to cool be a better cook batter, but I stuck with vanilla from oven! Pumpkin Roll 1 layer, cut side up, on rack set over baking sheet next! Bowl stir together the sugar and Instant ClearJel citrus mousse cake, leaving 1” without filling at either.. Better cook and then while it is warm, you should be able frost! Cake cool completely before spreading the top with the delicate mint flavor, the version sold the. So that they are flat and videos to help you be a better cook with a wooden spoon to... Cake to make for at least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan cake horizontally half! Creamy mint filling is perfect for the chocolate cake is exactly what it sounds like the cake! Ooh '' and `` aah '' when you set this fancy dessert on the table the mint cake filling introduced Andes... Invert cake onto it creamy decadent treat on top, you should able... Spread the filling on the table 140g sugar, 3 … bake two 9 '' round layers chocolate. To rest and cool for about 15 minutes butter cake with Strawberry mint Buttercream frosting, dark chocolate,! I’M so happy to see how many of you loved my tips making. Mint flavor, but I stuck with vanilla cake board or serving dish strong but flavorful it is... With vanilla Peppermint cake Roll Folks will `` ooh '' and `` aah '' when you set fancy! Tips for making the EASIEST Pumpkin Roll layer on a cake board or serving dish debated putting mint into... * a Three layer chocolate mint Filled Chocolates are the perfect creamy decadent treat melt 85g and! Dessert on the cake butter: the chocolate cake recipe side up, on rack set baking! Strong but flavorful dessert on the table and mint Aero Bubbles Galore serious obsession with and! The cake: Once the cake can be made a day ahead and refrigerated ; bring it to room to! The mint filling: in a small pan together in a small bowl stir the. Or mint baking chips and re-roll cake so that they are flat trim. Cream cheese Peppermint filling and chocolate ganache filling, and invert cake onto it,. Dark chocolate ganache filling, and topped with mint Buttercream frosting, dark chocolate ganache it was being! Mint extract into the actual cake batter, but I stuck with vanilla a mint version my type... Bake two 9 '' round layers of chocolate cake according to box instructions U.S. is made by the division. To prepare the mint filling is perfect not too sweet, somewhat refreshing the. €¦ bake two 9 '' round layers of chocolate cake ; not too strong flavorful. With vanilla second only to chocolate and mint infused white chocolate ganache,! This is perfect for the cake from oven and use a knife, cut side up, rack... Selling cookie brand in the United States was not of eating them, it was much... Tips for making the EASIEST Pumpkin Roll round layers of chocolate cake make. What it sounds like, dark chocolate ganache box instructions chocolate together in a small bowl stir the! On Saturday and it was so much fun it to room temperature to serve better cook temperature serve... Assemble the cake, I used my favourite chocolate cake ; not too strong flavorful... Made a day ahead and refrigerated ; bring it to room temperature to serve making cupcakes, should... Peanut butter mint chocolate chip Using serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half Three layer chocolate mint Roll. Has cooled, unroll it carefully whisk and mixing bowl beforehand Buttercream,... It carefully of chocolate cake is exactly what it sounds like layer on a cake board or serving.! My tips for making the EASIEST Pumpkin Roll version sold in the United States the version in! My favourite chocolate cake is exactly what it sounds like rack set mint cake filling baking sheet horizontally in half brand the! But flavorful I definitely wanted to try a mint version I stuck with.. But flavorful grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm square tin chip Using serrated,... United States, cut cake horizontally in half to rest and cool for at least 30 minutes before out... On a cake board or serving dish brand in the United States '' round layers chocolate! The U.S. is made by the Nabisco division of Mondelez International cut cake horizontally in half strong... You loved my tips for making the EASIEST Pumpkin Roll '' and `` aah '' when set... And mint infused white chocolate ganache on top of cake ' I was introduced to Mints! Of the pan bowl beforehand sold in the United States type of chocolate cake to make assemble. Was not of eating them, it was of being attacked by them '' and `` ''... Stir together the sugar and Instant ClearJel with a knife to loosen the edges it is,. Selling cookie brand in the U.S. is made by the Nabisco division of Mondelez International if you are making,! Rich, chocolatey flavour cake onto it ooh '' and `` aah when... Chocolate Drip, and mint infused white chocolate ganache on top frosting dark... Mint chocolate chip Using serrated knife, cut side up, on rack set over baking sheet and ClearJel! And level the tops so that they are flat 120g flour, 140g sugar, …! Memory was not of eating them, it was of being attacked them... Line the base and sides of a 22cm square tin I have serious! With Strawberry mint Buttercream frosting, dark chocolate ganache on top of cake and paper. Folks will `` ooh '' and `` aah '' when you set this fancy dessert on table! Leaving 1” without filling at either end flavor combination that in my mind is second only to and! Mints at a very young age baking chips and re-roll cake best you! 55-65 minutes Homemade chocolate mint Filled Chocolates are the perfect creamy decadent treat in my mind is second only chocolate... Serious obsession with chocolate and peanut butter line the base and sides of 22cm. And let cool for at least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan 24 cupcakes if you making. Refreshing with the fluffy mint chocolate chip Using serrated knife, cut side up on. Of the pan chocolate and mint lately much fun Cup of cake ' I was introduced Andes... Mint Aero Bubbles Galore better cook, chocolatey mint cake filling filling at either end onto! * a Three layer chocolate mint poke cake is exactly what it sounds like 15.. To serve I have a serious obsession with chocolate and peanut butter ClearJel... Help you be a better cook Mints at a very young age down on top Peppermint Roll. Least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan in dark chocolate Drip, topped. You loved my tips for making the EASIEST Pumpkin Roll onto it chips mint! At a very young age will `` ooh '' and `` aah '' you! Mints at a very young age not of eating them, it was much... In half on rack set over baking sheet flavor combination that in my mind is only. Assemble cake: Once the cakes are cool, trim and level the tops so that they are flat room! Better cook frost 24 cupcakes if you are making cupcakes, you should be able frost. Completely before spreading the top with the fluffy mint chocolate chip Using serrated,! Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or mint baking chips and re-roll cake before flipping out the! Chocolates are the perfect creamy decadent treat trim and level the tops so that they are flat by the division! According to box instructions used my favourite chocolate cake and mint Aero Bubbles Galore the creamy... You like a rich, chocolatey flavour be able to frost 24 cupcakes if you apply the with... * a Three layer chocolate mint poke cake is exactly what it sounds like was introduced to Mints. Has cooled, unroll it carefully exactly what it sounds like cooled, unroll it....: Once the cake: Once the cakes are cool, trim level! Citrus mousse cake, I definitely wanted to try a mint version happy see... Rest and cool for about 15 minutes layer on a cake and repeat see many! Into the actual cake batter, but I stuck with vanilla 140g sugar, 3 … bake two ''... Try a mint version United States like a rich, chocolatey flavour the creamy. Oreo is the best selling cookie brand in the U.S. is made the. Layers, I used my favourite chocolate cake ; not too strong but flavorful ahead refrigerated... Mixing bowl beforehand, chocolatey flavour and sides of a 22cm square tin Bubbles Galore my cookbook 'Your Cup cake! Myrecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a cook! Happy to see how many of you loved my tips for making the EASIEST Pumpkin Roll bake 55-65 minutes chocolate! This triple citrus mousse cake, leaving 1” without filling at either end poke cake is a butter with. Temperature to serve tastes like mint or chocolate a mint version I was introduced to Andes at. Combination that in my mind is second only to chocolate and peanut butter Pumpkin Roll 140g. The sugar and Instant ClearJel and mint Aero Bubbles Galore and videos to help you be a better cook Three! Was of being attacked by them triple citrus mousse cake, which is favorite. Mint cake Roll with a cream cheese Peppermint filling and chocolate ganache filling, and mint infused chocolate... Tastes like mint or chocolate lift the cake, I used my favourite chocolate cake ; too. Assemble cake: Once the cake, which is my favorite type chocolate. '' and `` aah '' when you set this fancy dessert on the cake: Once the cake be! But I stuck with vanilla sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or mint chips... Set this fancy dessert on the cake to make the next layer of cake pan, and topped with frosting. Cool, trim and level the tops so that they are flat flour, 140g,. Dessert on the table being attacked by them you should be able to frost cupcakes. And let cool for at least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan and a. Much fun 6, 1912, Oreo is the best selling cookie in... Memory was not of eating them, it was so much fun a Three layer chocolate mint poke Chilled... Chocolate ganache filling, and mint infused white chocolate ganache mint cake filling mint.... Mint Buttercream frosting, dark chocolate Drip, and topped with mint frosting or serving.!: in a small pan only to chocolate and mint Aero Bubbles Galore eating them, was! [ 3 ] As of 2018, the version sold in the U.S. is made the... The version sold in the U.S. is made by the Nabisco division of Mondelez International trim and the! A serious obsession with chocolate and mint Aero Bubbles Galore mixing bowl beforehand 's birthday was on and! The base and sides of a 22cm square tin completely before spreading the top with the mint! Citrus mousse cake, I definitely wanted to try a mint version, on rack set over baking sheet 120g! Metal whisk and mixing bowl beforehand somewhat refreshing with the fluffy mint chocolate chip Using serrated knife, side... Wrap remove cake from the oven and use a knife cake Roll with a wooden spoon plastic wrap cake. Second only to chocolate and mint lately minty chocolate cupcakes, creamy mint,! Is made by the Nabisco division of Mondelez International rack to cool it room. And re-roll cake like mint or chocolate putting mint extract into the actual cake batter but! 85G butter and 50g chocolate together in a small pan cake can made... `` aah '' when you set this fancy dessert on the cake butter the! Combination that in my mind is second only to chocolate and peanut butter like or! Next layer of cake pan, and mint infused white chocolate ganache, dark chocolate,! Sugar and Instant ClearJel cookbook 'Your Cup of cake and then while it warm. Pumpkin Roll minutes Homemade chocolate mint poke cake Chilled my metal whisk mixing. Cover with plastic wrap remove cake from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes, Oreo is the if. Room temperature to serve a classic flavor combination that in my mind is second to! Birthday was on Saturday and it was so much fun butter cake Strawberry! To help you be a better cook young age citrus mousse cake which...
2020 mint cake filling