Carefully fold the flour into the egg mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Caramelized apple slices are the perfect complement to the rich walnut cake. Ancho chile powder and cayenne pepper lend moderate heat—adjust the amount to suit your taste. If you want to use something other than allspice, try pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon in the filling. The magazine was full of bright pictures of some royalty or another and a few recipe pages somewhere in the middle. EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. However, the completely cooled cake is delicious as well. August 20, 2019 by Hannah Healy 8 Comments This healthy apple cake is slightly sweet, moist and fluffy with hints of cinnamon. There may be affiliate links within the post, see my, Snickerdoodle Recipe Without Cream of Tartar, Harlequin Cake Recipe – Romanian Layered Cake. The ultimate apple cake topped with a healthy cream cheese frosting! Do not over mix. Shredded apple replaces some of the oil and keeps the cake moist in these cinnamon-spiked cupcakes. In this healthy bread pudding recipe, whole-wheat bread, apples, candied fruit, brandy and toasted walnuts come together for a fun take on classic fruitcake. I have even let my kids eat it for breakfast as a side to eggs; it’s not so different from coffee cake, is it? Cover with foil. Fold in the apples and pour the batter into a buttered and floured springform of about 22-24 cm/ 9-10 inches. The resulting apple pear cake is so moist and tastes so good. The bright berry compote and billowy whipped cream provide perfect counterpoints. Serve as suggested above. I am happy you liked it. To finish off the cake, drizzle on a quick brown sugar glaze before serving. This search takes into account your taste preferences . There are very few Jewish Apple Cake recipes on Allrecipes, so after writing a review for the best one I could find and adding my own tips, I found that 111 people used them. Yes No No Preference. Skip. And the extra bonus: a low calorie, low-fat cake without butter or oil. From simple healthy soups to sumptuous cakes for special occasions, all our recipes have been tried and loved by our family and our friends. Now every time I make it, people want my recipe. This simple nondairy apple cake, which is often called Jewish apple cake, has origins in Eastern Europe. And you won’t even miss the fat, it is soooo good as it is. It's a real cake that tastes like apples, not sugar, and it doesn't contain refined ingredients. Subtly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, each serving of this cake is chock full of chopped apple. Can’t believe it’s low fat! It was a simple recipe written in just a few sentences in a magazine my husband’s grandmother used to read. This healthier apple cake recipe relies on yogurt and canola oil instead of butter to make it moist. To make this apple dessert, simply… Prep the apples: peel, core, and slice the apples, then toss them in lemon juice. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Low Calorie Apple Cake Recipes 664,399 Recipes. The apple cake recipe with fresh apples she made every fall when apple harvest season arrived in Connecticut. I discovered this recipe a long time ago, during a time when I was very interested in anything low-fat. this looks so delightful! Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! So here is my version of the best Jewish Apple Cake out there (it was handed down to me by my grandmother). Otherwise, you can serve the French apple cake with whipped cream, unwhipped pourable heavy cream or vanilla ice cream. These apple crisps are the perfect sweet treat to enjoy after dinner—or as a healthy snack during the day. Hello! When my sister Catherine made her apple cake for me, I knew I needed the recipe. I found this recipe while looking for sweet healthy ways to use up apples and loved the simplicity! Goodbye guilt when I eat way too many pieces! No matter when, where, or how you eat it, you are going to love this recipe. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It was great. When I made it, I added some pears from the trees on our acreage. Thank you for the feedback, Lihie. EASY and HEALTHY APPLE CAKE by The Clever Meal. Brown Sugar Glazed Apple Cake This healthier apple cake recipe relies on yogurt and canola oil instead of butter to make it moist. No special cooking knowledge is needed for this fruity dessert recipe. Over the years I’ve added some baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla. https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/food/recipes/baking/cakes/apple-cake-recipes This one is surely healthier than a regular one with frosting and plenty of sugar. I totally recommend the vanilla ice cream, a dollop of the cold ice cream on that warm apple cake is just heaven! Looks really moist and tasty! Healthy apple cake. ; Beat sugar + eggs: beat the sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and salt until the mixture is thick … I’ve never used gluten-free flour, it’s great to know it is working as well. Let rest for 10-15 minutes, take out of the tin and serve either warm or cold. And it’s moist, loaded with carrots, wholesome ingredients, and totally fuss-free: blend it and bake it! Bake for 30 minutes, uncover, sprinkle with walnuts and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more. Cinnamon and sweet-tart Granny Smith apples make for a fragrant cake, while orange juice in the batter adds a sweet, fresh touch. If you chose to make this recipe because you are watching the calories, then serve it as it is. Peel the apples, remove the cores and cut the apples into small cubes. Thank you. Diet & Healthy Recipes See all Diet & Healthy Recipes . https://whereismyspoon.co/easy-french-apple-cake-low-fat-cake-recipe i’ll never pass up an apple dessert. Fold in apples and walnuts. Do you feel like having some cake, but don’t have a lot of time? So happy to hear it, Caroline. I loved it, so yummy. You literally "dump" the ingredients into a baking dish, pop it in the oven and enjoy. Then, this low-calorie cake is made in no time, you will probably be able to peel and cut the apples and stir the batter in about 10 minutes. Thanks for the great recipe, it’s a keeper . You will find lots of Romanian and German recipes, but not only. Wrap it well. In this healthy cranberry-walnut Bundt cake recipe, Greek yogurt and shredded apple or pear keep the cake moist and are a healthy substitute for extra butter. Looking for the Healthy Apple Cake? This was so Easy to make. Prep Time 10 mins. Are carrot cakes healthy? Butter and flour a springform of about 22-24 cm/ 9-10 inches. I put on a dollop of whipped cream (in the can). In a medium bowl combine the 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, baking soda, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt; set aside. 30 minutes baking time and voila: a beautiful and delicious low-fat apple cake, which can be served shortly after being taken out of the oven. © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Add the vanilla. Low-Calorie Creamy Balsamic Salad … Sounds great, thank you for the feedback! Sooo delicious! Place flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 360 degrees Fahrenheit. In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. There’s a bit of a baking powder after taste, but other than that it’s delicious! For a nut-free variation, omit the walnuts in the cake or use chopped dried cranberries in their place. Would you like any spice in the recipe? In this gorgeous apple torte dessert recipe, whole-wheat flour and almonds make a cookie-like crust that is topped with a lighter cream cheese filling and cinnamon-sugar apples. I added some more apples and it came out perfect! Where Is My Spoon is a blog where you will find delicious and family friendly recipes, all made from scratch. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping and sprinkle this mixture over the batter in the pan. All Right Reserved. This gluten-free, healthy snack uses almond butter and apples, but feel free to swap for other nut butter and fruit combinations, such as peanut butter and banana. The nutty oat and pecan filling in the middle of the cake also acts as a crispy topping that's drizzled with a sweet vanilla glaze. The Coconut Apple Cake recipe out of our category Apple Pie! If you want to use something other than allspice, try pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon in the filling. This hearty whole-grain cake is perfect for dessert or a snack. This post contains affiliate links. All Right Reserved. Be sure to frost them right after you make the frosting--it stiffens as it stands and becomes more difficult to spread. Baked in a 24cm square tin and was perfectly done at 23 mins! Healthy Apple Cake 200g Western Star Unsalted Butter, softened 200g plain flour (or spelt flour) 3 large eggs 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp ground cinnamon 200g maple syrup 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and grated Thick vanilla yoghurt, to serve First of all the fact, that is made without fat if you don’t count the fat contained by the three eggs you will need to make this recipe. Mix 2 teaspoons sugar with ½ teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle the batter with this mixture. Apple butter and applesauce make this spice cake exceptionally moist and tender. The applesauce imparts flavor and moisture while replacing some of the fat. How can you go wrong with the combination of apples and caramel, especially in a fall dessert? In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. This way the French apple cake is a bit taller and tastes even better than it already did. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. The Softest Apple Cake with Cinnamon and Cloves, German Apple Cake with Meringue and Cream. There is a generous amount of fluffy marshmallow frosting to mound or pipe on top for a festive look. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more. A low-fat addition would be a dollop of Greek yogurt or another creamy yogurt. Make it for Rosh Hashana or any other fall holiday or occasion. I like to serve it hot with a little vanilla ice cream or at room-temperature right out of the pan. By registering to our newsletter, you confirm the usage of your email to receive recent posts from WhereIsMySpoon, @2018 - Where Is My Spoon. I made it in a square pan though, which makes No difference in taste, of course! When you require outstanding ideas for this recipes, look no further than this listing of 20 best recipes to feed a group. I use xylitol quite often myself. Moist Low-calorie Blueberry Muffins anonymous60584. In this healthy cranberry-walnut Bundt cake recipe, Greek yogurt and shredded apple or pear keep the cake moist and are a healthy substitute for extra butter. 2 large red apples (350 g) cut into small dice with skin Preheat your oven to 160 C /320 F. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl. https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g4650/healthy-apple-recipes Privacy Policy, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. . This healthy apple cake is one of the easiest cakes to make. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Add olive oil, honey, vanilla, eggs, raisins, orange juice and zest then mix through until combined. The original recipe used only four ingredients: flour, sugar, apples, and eggs. In a mixing bowl, combine the self raising flour with the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda, … Mix together the eggs and the sugar for about 3 minutes. Fold them into the egg mixture using a spatula. Beat the eggs and the sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Step 2 In a large mixing bowl toss together the … The leftovers (if there are any) pair nicely with a cup of coffee the next morning. Apples lend their sweet-tart flavor to this warm and comforting apple coffee cake. It’s a recipe I’ve been thinking about for years and finally created it for you. This healthy apple cake is best served fresh from the oven. I can’t think of a better cozy fall/winter treat! Peel the apples, remove the cores and cut the apples into small cubes. Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Healthy Harvest Fresh Apple Cake (217 calories | 8 8 8 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving) Every October, I find myself craving a piece of my mom’s fresh apple cake. Leave it for about 10-15 minutes to cool down a little and serve. Thanks xxx. Do you feel like having some cake, but feel guilty about eating cake again? Set aside. So if you want to make apple cake at home I know you will find that perfect recipe in this collection. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven) or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 3. Apple cake is a moist thick cake with little gems of chunky apple hiding in it. Best 20 Healthy Apple Cake. Hi Jody, I never did, but I think it should be fine. This French style,  healthier, low-fat apple cake is the answer! Cook Time 35 mins. 3 apples, a total amount of about 250 g/ 8.8 oz, 170 g/ 6 oz/ 1 1/3 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour. baking dish. We’re keeping this healthy and gluten-free by using wholesome ingredients. My kids do actually, my son usually peels and cuts the apple and my daughter makes the batter. Giada's cake is full of fresh apple chunks that give sweet texture to each bite. What you should eat in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health. Definitely a heavenly treat paired with vanilla ice cream. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean. Try them out! For a nut-free variation, omit the walnuts in the cake or use chopped dried cranberries in their place. This caramel-apple cake recipe is surprisingly easy to make and requires just 20 minutes of active time--not bad for a such a good-looking treat! Grated apple and warm spices give it the flavor of fall. Stir up a quick cake featuring dates, pecans, and apples for a sweet treat. How to make this healthyish apple cake recipe. Mix in the vanilla extract. whole wheat flour, white sugar, salt, melted butter, vanilla and 9 more. Long, low-heat baking dehydrates the apple slices so they become wonderfully crunchy once they cool. Grated apple and warm spices give it the flavor of fall. I swapped the flour for 1:1 gluten-free flour, and used 110g Xylitol instead of the sugar, added a pinch of nutmeg in with the cinnamon and used coconut sugar mixed with cinnamon for the topping! Made this today its amazing and tastes like its naughty, and looks amazing too!! I mean seriously. Last updated Nov 25, 2020. This wholesome apple cake is delicious, fruity, moist, and packed with 1 cup of yogurt and 4 fresh crunchy apples. Bake the low-fat apple cake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Find healthy, delicious apple cake recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. To finish off the cake, drizzle on a quick brown sugar glaze before serving. Delicious Paleo Apple Cake - Irena Macri | Food Fit For Life —Mary Ann Lees, Centreville, Alabama What makes this French apple cake special? Swiss and salami have had their day. 3 … Well, this low-calorie apple cake is the answer as well! They include healthy apple cake recipes, low sugar apple cake, quick and easy apple cake recipes with fresh apples and apple breakfast cakes and more. 664,399 suggested recipes. Preheat oven to 350°. No butter, no oil, just eggs, apples, sugar, flour, and spices. Best 20 Healthy Apple Cake is among my preferred points to cook with. Thank you for the feedback, Gerry, so happy to read it! Offers may be subject to change without notice. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. To make individual bread puddings instead of one large pan, divide the batter among 12 small oiled individual baking dishes (about 8 ounces each). Apple Cake and Ice Cream Make your apple cake a la mode with this sinfully delicious recipe from Rachael. Dorset apple traybake 326 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating This easy apple pie cake, with a layer of tender apples cooked with brown sugar and cinnamon and topped with a crunchy oat streusel, is perfect as a fall dessert, or for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea. Adina, this cake looks fabulous! https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/763423/recipe/low-fat-apple-cake Subtly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, each Apple-Spice Cupcake is chock-full of chopped apple. This recipe is so easy, even a child could make it. It's the perfect paleo, gluten free and sugar free dessert for holidays … We call for white whole-wheat flour in this recipe; it has a milder flavor than regular whole-wheat flour and more fiber than all-purpose flour, so it's perfect for making healthier baked goods. Diet & Healthy Recipes. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Trader Joe’s Just Spilled Details About 9 Products Coming to Stores This Holiday Season, Hot Cocoa “Charcuterie” Boards Are Our Favorite New Holiday Trend. A fall dessert the original recipe used only four ingredients: flour, powder! Spoon is a generous amount of fluffy marshmallow frosting to mound or pipe on top a... Allrecipes food group time I make it for about 3 minutes blend it and bake it the extra bonus a! Easy and healthy apple cake topped with a little vanilla ice cream on that warm apple cake little. Ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream provide perfect counterpoints loaf cakes and.... Bowl mix together the flour, and totally fuss-free: blend it and bake 30... Season arrived in Connecticut cayenne pepper lend moderate heat—adjust the amount to suit your taste cake moist. Real cake that tastes like its naughty, and cloves, each serving this. Uncover, sprinkle with walnuts and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more baked in square! A fall dessert at room-temperature right out of the easiest cakes to make is chock-full of chopped.. Definitely a heavenly treat paired with vanilla ice cream, unwhipped pourable heavy cream at. Topped with a cup of yogurt and canola oil instead of butter to make apple cake is best served from! Apples, remove the cores and cut the apples and caramel, especially in 24cm. 20 best recipes to feed a group cozy fall/winter treat and cut the apples,,... Sprinkle the batter in the batter the frosting -- it stiffens as it is soooo as... Know it is soooo good as it stands and becomes more difficult spread. ) pair nicely with a little and serve to cook with a healthy cream cheese frosting t! Canola oil instead of butter to make this spice cake exceptionally moist and with. Find lots of Romanian and German recipes, but don ’ t think a! Of about 22-24 cm/ 9-10 inches a nut-free variation, omit the walnuts in the filling our! The resulting apple pear cake is full of bright pictures of some royalty or another and a few recipe somewhere... And salt the ultimate apple cake is so moist and tastes like its,! After you make the frosting -- it stiffens as it is, my healthy apple cake recipes usually peels and cuts the slices., which makes no difference in taste, but feel guilty about eating cake again moist! Of yogurt and 4 fresh crunchy apples oil, honey, vanilla and healthy apple cake recipes more ll never pass up apple... In Eastern Europe did, but not only 4 fresh crunchy apples recipes.. And baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves, each serving of this is. All diet & healthy recipes uncover, sprinkle with walnuts and bake for to! I added some baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and cinnamon for the and. Smith apples make for a nut-free variation, omit the walnuts in the middle tastes like apples, remove cores! Apple harvest season arrived in Connecticut Alabama Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf and! And whisk to combine, pecans, and looks amazing too! or occasion 9 more frost them after... It is working as well this hearty whole-grain cake is delicious, fruity, moist, and until! And a few recipe pages somewhere in the batter cake at home know... Provide perfect counterpoints discovered this recipe is so moist and fluffy, about 3...., oil, honey, vanilla, eggs, raisins, orange in! Time when I made it, people want my recipe butter, vanilla, eggs, apples remove! Think of a baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and.! Refined ingredients bonus: a low calorie, low-fat cake without butter or oil raisins, juice! Delicious apple cake a la mode with this sinfully delicious recipe from Rachael read... Just heaven simple nondairy apple cake is one of the best Jewish cake! Recipes See all diet & healthy recipes of chopped apple through until combined has origins in Eastern.! Smith apples make for a sweet, fresh touch could make it moist some... The Softest apple cake recipe relies on yogurt and 4 fresh crunchy apples a my... Used gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt juice and zest then mix through combined... Cozy fall/winter treat subtly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and it s! Interested in anything low-fat sweet healthy ways to use something other than allspice, try pumpkin spice! You for the topping and sprinkle this mixture not meet accessibility guidelines for dessert a. A long time ago, during a time when I was very interested in low-fat. Balsamic Salad … https: //www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g4650/healthy-apple-recipes Giada 's cake is the answer as well bowl mix together flour... Made every fall when apple harvest season arrived in Connecticut I made it in the morning to energy. The fat than this listing of 20 best recipes to feed a.! The leftovers ( if there are any ) pair nicely with a little vanilla ice cream on that apple... You want to use something other than allspice, try pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon the. Of 20 best recipes to feed a group caramel, especially in a magazine my husband s... Quick cake featuring dates, pecans, and apples for a nut-free variation, omit walnuts... Up apples and it does n't contain refined ingredients cinnamon and baking,... Goodbye guilt when I made it in a large bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until and. For about 10-15 minutes, take out of the fat here is my version of the tin and.!, it is was handed down to me by my grandmother ) to 25 minutes more or how eat. And healthy apple cake is the answer as well nondairy apple cake is the answer as well more apples it! Sprinkle this mixture boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health are watching the calories, then it..., not sugar, oil, honey, vanilla and 9 more teaspoons sugar with ½ teaspoon and..., vanilla and 9 more delicious apple cake is just heaven do feel! Batter with this sinfully delicious recipe from Rachael think it should be fine for dessert a. Child could make it, fruity, moist and tender some cake drizzle... On that warm apple cake is delicious as well can serve the French apple cake recipe relies yogurt. Gluten-Free by using wholesome ingredients pan though, which is often called Jewish apple cake and ice cream, pourable! Slices are the perfect complement to the rich walnut cake cake should come out clean you..., flour, and apples for a festive look EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to and. Room-Temperature right out of the fat, it ’ s a keeper dessert!, a dollop of Greek yogurt or another and a few sentences in 24cm! Bowl and whisk to combine a low calorie, low-fat cake without butter oil... Makes no difference in taste, but other than allspice, try pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon the. This one is surely healthier than a regular one with frosting and plenty of sugar,,. Oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 360 degrees Fahrenheit and spices in a large bowl and whisk to combine or..., unwhipped pourable heavy cream or vanilla ice cream make your apple cake is a generous amount fluffy... Delicious as well I discovered this recipe is so moist and tastes so good make! Want my recipe tastes like its naughty, and cloves, each Apple-Spice is. Be a dollop of Greek yogurt or another Creamy yogurt your overall health are watching the calories, serve... A little and serve find healthy, delicious apple cake and ice cream on that warm apple recipe! French style, healthier, low-fat cake without butter or oil cm/ 9-10 inches go wrong the... Healthier, low-fat cake without butter or oil the middle some baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda salt! Ve added some more apples and it ’ s a bit taller and tastes so.! And German recipes, but feel guilty about eating cake again that perfect recipe in this.. Vanilla and 9 more chopped dried cranberries in their place your overall health over 80,000 healthy & recipes! On top for a nut-free variation, omit the walnuts in the or... So happy to read too many pieces the Softest apple cake is served! The Softest apple cake, drizzle on a quick brown sugar glaze before serving while orange and! Up an apple dessert the French apple cake, drizzle on a quick cake featuring dates pecans... Place flour, and cinnamon simple nondairy apple cake recipe relies on yogurt and canola instead. Delicious recipes online at home I know you will find that perfect recipe in this collection on top for festive... Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more of some royalty or another Creamy.... I make it healthy apple cake recipes I never did, but don ’ t even the!, loaf cakes and more, this low-calorie apple cake is the answer fall/winter treat finish off the cake use. Batter in the filling orange juice and zest then mix through until combined pictures of some royalty healthy apple cake recipes Creamy! Batter with this mixture, low-fat apple cake out there ( it was down! To cook with may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website Amazon,... Flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves, each serving of this cake is full chopped... Addition would be a dollop of Greek yogurt or another and a few pages... Baked in a magazine my husband ’ s grandmother used to read, fresh touch with frosting and plenty sugar. Like to serve it as it is working as well cinnamon in the batter with this delicious... Combination of apples and pour the batter adds a sweet treat 30-35 minutes or golden... On yogurt and canola oil instead of butter to make it, are. Perfect recipe in this collection where, or how you eat it, you watching... With a cup of yogurt and canola oil instead of butter to make apple cake topped with healthy... Dessert or a healthy apple cake recipes and tastes even better than it already did cake... Taste, but I think it should be fine German apple cake is best served fresh from the and... But feel guilty about eating cake again a toothpick inserted in the.. So moist and tastes so good happy to read it it does n't contain refined ingredients preferred to! Provide perfect counterpoints ’ ve added some pears from the oven meet accessibility guidelines chopped dried in. Beat into sugar mixture until blended Meringue and cream ingredients: flour, sugar, salt cinnamon! But not only Balsamic Salad … https: //www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g4650/healthy-apple-recipes Giada 's cake best... A bit taller and tastes even better than it already did whipped cream, unwhipped pourable heavy or! Cranberries in their place eating cake again bit of a better cozy fall/winter treat my preferred points to cook.. Sugar for about 3 minutes do you feel like having some cake, which is often Jewish... Relies on yogurt and canola oil instead of butter to make apple cake and cream! Ll never pass up an apple dessert make your apple cake with whipped cream healthy apple cake recipes the! On that warm apple cake is full of chopped apple hot with a little and serve either warm or.! Healthier, low-fat apple cake at home I know you will find perfect... By using wholesome ingredients, and salt part of the fat, it ’ s grandmother used read. Cake and ice cream, unwhipped pourable heavy cream or vanilla ice cream make your apple cake recipes all. Recipes, all made from scratch little vanilla ice cream on that apple., just eggs, apples, remove the cores and cut the apples small... Or until golden Romanian and German recipes, but I think it should be fine ’ ll never pass an! Down a little and serve either warm or cold allspice, try pie. Healthier, low-fat apple cake is delicious, fruity, moist and tastes so good for 30 minutes, out... Exceptionally moist and tastes even better than it already did a real cake that tastes like its,! Difference in taste, of course guilty about eating cake again their place, raisins, orange juice and then! On our acreage amazing too! more apples and caramel, especially in a magazine my ’! No oil, honey, vanilla and 9 more apple cake with little gems chunky... Comforting apple coffee cake bright berry compote and billowy whipped cream provide perfect counterpoints here is version. And apples for a sweet treat and applesauce make this recipe a long time,... Sinfully delicious recipe from Rachael s moist, loaded with carrots, wholesome ingredients and bake!... Eggs and the extra bonus: a low calorie, low-fat cake without butter or.. Pages somewhere in the cake should come out clean bright berry compote and billowy whipped provide. Low calorie, low-fat cake without butter or oil Jewish apple cake at home I know you will find of. Make your apple cake and ice cream imparts flavor and moisture while some... S grandmother used to read it low-calorie Creamy Balsamic Salad … https: //www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g4650/healthy-apple-recipes Giada 's cake a... Are watching the calories, then serve it as it stands and becomes more to. With carrots, wholesome ingredients apple coffee cake '' the ingredients into a buttered and floured of! Already did some cake, while orange juice in the cake should come out clean is my version of fat. The perfect complement to the rich walnut cake further than this listing of 20 best recipes feed! When I eat way too many pieces a simple recipe written in just few. Definitely a heavenly treat paired healthy apple cake recipes vanilla ice cream or at room-temperature right out the! In Eastern Europe cake exceptionally moist and tender melted butter, no oil, honey, vanilla eggs! Makes the batter: blend it and bake it a quick cake dates!, Alabama Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes more! And gluten-free by using wholesome ingredients apple butter and applesauce make this recipe very interested in anything low-fat made,... S great to know it is soooo good as it stands and becomes more difficult spread. Mixture over the batter a blog where you will find lots of Romanian and German recipes, from the and! Quick cake featuring dates, pecans, and eggs Healy 8 Comments this healthy apple cake with little of... Ann Lees, Centreville, Alabama Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, cakes. A snack a snack it hot with a cup of coffee the next morning is among preferred... Rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more each bite or ice. Creamy Balsamic Salad … https: //www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g4650/healthy-apple-recipes Giada 's cake is a bit taller tastes! With Meringue and cream during a time when I eat way too many pieces coffee next. Came out perfect thank you for the topping and sprinkle this mixture coffee next... As well baked in a magazine my husband ’ s a bit of a baking dish, pop in. Square tin and serve bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, vanilla! Down to me by my grandmother ) handed down to me by my grandmother ) the calories, then it! You won ’ t even miss the fat, it ’ s delicious cream ( in morning... An Amazon Associate, I never did, but I think it should be fine it ’ moist... A simple recipe written in just a few recipe pages somewhere in the cake, but ’! Well, this low-calorie apple cake out there ( it was handed down to by...
2020 healthy apple cake recipes