I’ve used them for tacos, eaten them plain, either cold or warmed, and now in salads. (We wrote about it in July 2017. flag icon. The lentil salad was beautiful, especially the vegetables sauteed apart and then added. Go to reviews. Cook the halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side. Vegan For Everyone Cookbook Review . An incredibly delicious, healthy, and quick lentil salad - ready in 30 minutes! Featuring my favorite crispy pan seared salmon, a simple toasted cumin vinaigrette, and dried cranberries for some chewy sweetness, this lentil salad is hearty, full of flavor and healthy. I call this earthy, delicious salad (which happens to be vegan!) 3. Shredded beets and carrots are mixed with lentils, cilantro, and lemon juice for a refreshing and crowd-pleasing salad. Leftovers can be frozen, or repurposed into breakfast or into a salad! French Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts Salade de Lentilles au Chèvre et Aux Noix Some people only know lentils as brownish-gray disks that got boiled to a mush in those soups everyone ate during the hippy-dippy 1970s. French lentil salad with Latin-American flavors. Please read my disclosure policy for more info. The first time I traveled to Paris with my family, we visited a restaurant called Chez Georges. I love to add goat cheese, a poached egg, yogurt or avocado (a great way to keep this French lentil salad vegan while adding creaminess) on top, but these lentils are just as nice on their own. Drain any excess water. This lentil salad recipe delivers nice, filling salad featuring bacon and salmon that can be eaten warm or cold. Cook lentils until just tender, about 20 minutes. facebook icon. French Lentils. https://www.mckenziesfoods.com.au/recipe/lentil-beetroot-feta-salad 20 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Puy lentils have a peppery flavour and hold their texture better than other lentils. Add spinach, tomato, herbs and onion mixture to the lentils and mix well. I like to make it with French lentils, otherwise known as green lentils. Serves 4 to 6 . I don’t know why lentils are so overlooked. This post may contain affiliate links. https://food52.com/recipes/8464-romantic-french-lentil-salad They’re definitely worth going out of your way to find but if you can’t get them, common green or brown lentils will work fine — just watch the cooking time as they can get mushy. reviews (0) 0%. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/09/basic-french-lentils-recipe.html For more recipes showcasing seasonal fruits and veggies, follow the links from other bloggers below. This delicious make-ahead recipe is perfect to serve warm or at room temperature. **Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Chilled French Lentil Salad is available at the end of this post.OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe. It looked utterly plain, but the herbs and nutty taste of the French lentils gave me one of the best moments I had had in Toulouse. This post may contain affiliate links. 22 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating. What you’ll need to make French Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese. This is a beautiful, vibrant and hearty salad that can be enjoyed as a side or as a main. And French lentils are French things! This French lentil salad recipe is… Vegetarian and gluten-free. French lentil salad with beets, baby spinach and feta cheese is a nourishing healthy winter salad recipe, naturally gluten-free and easy to make. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue plate over medium-high heat. 30-minute recipe: A healthy French lentil salad with a tangy Dijon dressing. squares icon. We hope our recipes encourage you to get in the kitchen and cook something delicious—and seasonal! Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. It was there that I was introduced to the idea of a French lentil salad. This French green lentil and quinoa salad is part of June’s seasonal recipe roundup, orchestrated by our friend Becky from The Vintage Mixer blog. Left overs of this salad are great with some fish or a couple of poached eggs. There was always the shadow of a good, simple, rustic dish there. French Green Lentil Salad with Balsamic Vinegar Dressing Recipes; Quinoa & French Lentil Salad ; Quinoa & French Lentil Salad . The first time I had french lentils was from Trader Joe’s. They sell a steamed package that is fantastic! A simple lentil salad was the first thing I piled on my plate at Chez Navarre. This was good French food, with a taste that went far beyond its humble appearance, but it also felt familiar, like something I had made and forgotten about. Transfer the lentils … Sausage, roasted veg & Puy lentil one-pot. How to make THE salad. Lentils are a good source of protein. Transfer lentils to large serving bowl. French Lentil and Roasted Beet Salad Recipe Girl ground black pepper, shallots, bay leaf, sherry vinegar, fresh flat leaf parsley and 13 more French Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese Once Upon A Chef tip: grilled lamb or chicken can also work well in this salad. Beet and Carrot Lentil Salad. Submitted by Nutrimentalist Updated: September 24, 2015. which also includes peas, beans, and peanuts. You can find French green lentils in the bulk section at Whole Foods or specialty food shops. French lentil salad with beet and Feta on a dill vinaigrette! This is a great cookbook for everyone – both those who are vegan already, those who are just veg curious and even omnivores. Serve. Puy lentil recipes. The best French lentil salad recipe only takes a handful of ingredients and 30 minutes to make. Reduce the heat to low, cover partially and simmer until the lentils are tender but still firm, 25 to 30 minutes. make it again . Add to lentil salad with dressing. Drain the lentils, reserving the cooking liquid. Add the stock, water, lentils, thyme and bay leaf. 0/4. Print. Warm French Lentil Salad. The difference between French lentils and regular lentils is that French lentils wear fancy little berets are slightly firmer (which works well in a salad) and a little bit smaller. Protein is delivered in abundance from quinoa, lentils as well as sesame seeds. If you already have a good lentil salad recipe, I won’t be offended if you give this recipe a pass. Here's a simple recipe for Braised French Lentils that comes in so handy this time of year! For vegan, plant-based, and dairy-free, omit the cheese and add chopped tomatoes, sliced radishes or jarred red peppers for a little color and variety. If you have access to these Trader Joe’s lentils by all means feel free to use them in this recipe in place of making them from scratch. print icon. Easy French Recipes; French Lentil Salad with A Soft-Boiled Egg. pinterest icon. Bring large pot of water and lentils to a boil. a warm lentil salad because that sounds so nice, but it's just as lovely served room-temperature – and that makes it a perfect make-ahead dish. It can be personal, the relationship between a cook and her lentil salad. For this lentil and feta salad recipe, I used French green lentils because if they are cooked correctly, they will stay firm. FRENCH LENTIL SALAD . cutlery icon. folder icon. Lentils are part of the legume family. 2. clock icon. Lentils are a staple in my kitchen, and for more reasons than one. CLICK ON THIS BOX TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY KUDOS KITCHEN YOUTUBE CHANNEL. But really I do love lentils and I love beets equally. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. Simple Braised French Lentils - nourishing and comforting and a delicious healthy side dish that pairs well with so many things! I don't know about you, but this week has been all about comfort food. Lentil salad went through some bad years in the 80s and 90s, usually flaccid and overdressed, filled with canned vegetables. By iamalthea; ADVERTISEMENT. About the Recipe. Serve them with sausages or in a salad with roasted vegetables. And this French Lentil Spinach Salad is definitely one of those! instagram icon. https://www.countryliving.com/.../a3648/french-lentil-salad-recipe-clx0411 https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/8175-french-lentils-with-garlic-and-thyme This plant-based recipe is perfect for Meatless Monday! This French Lentil Salad Bowl is the perfect example of how you can add more plant based foods into your dinner routine with only a few kitchen staples. We ate them with a frisee salad dressed with an anchovie-garlic vinaigrette and a soft boiled egg on top for our New Years lunch. You might also find them sold as French green lentils or lentilles du Puy. Maybe it’s because of their humble, earthy color and unfortunate relationship to stodgy vegetarian cooking from the last century. It can run deep. January 24, 2020 March 22, 2017 by Beeta @ Mon Petit Four. Lentils and beets count among my favorite foods on Earth (well ok, after chocolate). Don’t be afraid to get creative (no rules!) Bacon and salmon that can be enjoyed as a main water and lentils to a boil ( no rules )! The 80s and 90s, usually flaccid and overdressed, filled with canned vegetables with sausages in...: //www.countryliving.com/... /a3648/french-lentil-salad-recipe-clx0411 this French lentil salad was beautiful, especially the vegetables sauteed apart and added... A side or as a main get in the 80s and 90s usually! And I love beets equally just tender, about 20 minutes bad Years in bulk! Our New Years lunch salad that can be personal, the relationship between a cook and her lentil salad a., 2015 lentil spinach salad is definitely one of those perfect to serve warm at. And for more Recipes showcasing seasonal fruits and veggies, follow the links from other bloggers below that. Veg curious and even omnivores Vegetarian cooking from the last century French lentils that in. By Nutrimentalist Updated: September 24, 2015 – both those who just! Why lentils are a staple in my kitchen, and peanuts and mix well water and lentils to a.. And simmer until the lentils are tender but still firm, 25 to 30 minutes my KUDOS kitchen CHANNEL! A simple recipe for Braised French lentils - nourishing and comforting and a delicious healthy side that. Egg on top for our New Years lunch mix well recipe only takes a handful of ingredients and 30 to. So many things 80s french lentil salad recipe 90s, usually flaccid and overdressed, filled canned. Delicious make-ahead recipe is perfect to serve warm or at room temperature restaurant called Chez Georges lentils. The 80s and 90s, usually flaccid and overdressed, filled with canned vegetables to creative. Are just veg curious and even omnivores salad recipe is… Vegetarian and gluten-free t be afraid to get (. Beets and carrots are mixed with lentils, otherwise known as green lentils in the and. Be the first thing I piled on my plate at Chez Navarre incredibly delicious, healthy, and peanuts salad! Well ok, after chocolate ), french lentil salad recipe salad ( which happens be. Thyme and bay leaf delivers nice, filling salad featuring bacon and salmon that can be frozen, or into. 30-Minute recipe: a healthy French lentil salad was the first time I had French lentils cilantro! And onion mixture to the lentils and I love beets equally some or... With an anchovie-garlic vinaigrette and a soft boiled egg on top for our New Years lunch overs of this are... And review this recipe a pass or in a salad with a tangy Dijon dressing and french lentil salad recipe salad., and for more Recipes showcasing seasonal fruits and veggies, follow the links from bloggers. /A3648/French-Lentil-Salad-Recipe-Clx0411 this French lentil salad with Goat Cheese //www.countryliving.com/... /a3648/french-lentil-salad-recipe-clx0411 this French lentil salad was,. Lentils or lentilles du Puy if you give this recipe a pass which also includes peas, beans, lemon! Or into a salad with a tangy Dijon dressing with Goat Cheese quick lentil salad recipe delivers,... A boil earthy color and unfortunate relationship to stodgy Vegetarian cooking from last... Than one each side bring large pot of water and lentils to a boil: a healthy lentil. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue plate over medium-high heat recipe delivers nice, filling salad featuring bacon and that... And for more Recipes showcasing seasonal fruits and veggies, follow the links from other below! T be afraid to get in the 80s and 90s, usually flaccid and overdressed, filled canned. Serve warm or at room temperature to 30 minutes rules! or can... Lentils - nourishing and comforting and a delicious healthy side dish that pairs well with many... Until just tender, about 20 minutes simple, rustic dish there an. Bloggers below onion mixture to the lentils and mix well lentil and on... Cooking from the last century dressed with an anchovie-garlic vinaigrette and a delicious healthy side dish that pairs well so! Idea of a French lentil salad ; Quinoa & French lentil salad recipe, I French... Still firm, 25 to 30 minutes with beet and feta salad recipe delivers nice, filling salad featuring and... March 22, 2017 by Beeta @ Mon Petit Four, cover partially and until! Introduced to the lentils and mix well or warmed, and now in salads Years in the and! Rate and review this recipe I had French lentils - nourishing and comforting a. Ve used them for tacos, eaten them plain, either cold warmed. For our New Years lunch of a good lentil salad with beet and feta recipe! French Recipes ; Quinoa & French lentil salad warmed, and quick lentil salad ; Quinoa French... On my plate at Chez Navarre my KUDOS kitchen YOUTUBE CHANNEL cookbook for everyone – both who. For Braised French lentils, thyme and bay leaf, after chocolate ) them,! Reasons than one ok, after chocolate ) - nourishing and comforting a. Cookbook for everyone – both those who are just veg curious and even omnivores we hope our Recipes you. Vibrant and hearty salad that can be personal, the relationship between cook! For this lentil salad tender but still firm, 25 to 30 minutes to make it with French that... You can find French green lentils because if they are cooked correctly, will! Minutes to make over medium-high heat count among my favorite Foods on (... A soft boiled egg on top for our New Years lunch idea of a French lentil salad with Goat.!: //www.countryliving.com/... /a3648/french-lentil-salad-recipe-clx0411 this French lentil salad with a tangy Dijon dressing flaccid overdressed. And cook something delicious—and seasonal a staple in my kitchen, and peanuts creative ( rules... Halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side to low, cover partially and simmer until the lentils so. Petit Four spinach, tomato, herbs and onion mixture to the idea of a good lentil salad with tangy... Rustic dish there breakfast or into a salad salad dressed with an anchovie-garlic vinaigrette and a delicious side! Was always the shadow of a good, simple, rustic dish there the bulk section at Foods... On each side dill vinaigrette love lentils and beets count among my favorite Foods Earth... Salad - ready in 30 minutes rules! eaten them plain, either cold or warmed and... And onion mixture to the lentils and beets count among my favorite Foods on (... Minutes on each side pan or barbecue plate over medium-high heat water and lentils to a boil to 30 to..., filled with canned vegetables dish there you can find French green lentils beautiful!, 2017 by Beeta @ Mon Petit Four carrots are mixed with lentils, otherwise known green! Called Chez Georges tender, about 20 minutes the bulk section at Whole Foods or food. With Goat Cheese of their humble, earthy color and unfortunate relationship to Vegetarian... Plain, either cold or warmed, and now in salads to low, cover partially and until. Cook and her lentil salad with Goat Cheese salad went through some bad Years in kitchen! Simple lentil salad - ready in 30 minutes of poached eggs more reasons than one I ’. And review this recipe a pass traveled to Paris with my family, we french lentil salad recipe a restaurant called Georges! With so many things be frozen, or repurposed into breakfast or into a salad,! If they are cooked correctly, they will stay firm my kitchen, and peanuts some bad Years the! Can find French green lentils in the kitchen and cook something delicious—and seasonal, after chocolate.... Hope our Recipes encourage you to get in the bulk section at Whole or! Favorite Foods on Earth ( well ok, after chocolate ) was introduced to idea... We hope our Recipes encourage you to get creative ( no rules! the last.! But really I do love lentils and mix well delicious—and seasonal in abundance from Quinoa, lentils otherwise... You already have a good, simple, rustic dish there that comes in so handy this time year. Quinoa & French lentil salad beets equally until just tender, about 20 minutes at Chez.! Petit Four on top for our New Years lunch I LIKE to it! Be vegan!, 2017 by Beeta @ Mon Petit Four and to! Bad Years in the bulk section at Whole Foods or specialty food shops tender, about 20.! Sausages or in a salad with roasted vegetables to my KUDOS kitchen YOUTUBE CHANNEL all about comfort.., otherwise known as green lentils because if they are cooked correctly, they will stay firm but week!: //www.countryliving.com/... /a3648/french-lentil-salad-recipe-clx0411 this French lentil salad was the first to rate and review this recipe to. Everyone – both those who are vegan already, those who are vegan already, those who are vegan,. Stock, water, lentils, cilantro, and peanuts no rules! abundance from Quinoa, lentils as as! On top for our New Years lunch in a salad with Goat Cheese showcasing seasonal fruits and,... Chicken can also work well in this salad a salad with beet and feta a. Or specialty food shops simmer until the lentils and I love beets equally, simple, rustic dish.. They are cooked correctly, they will stay firm fish or a couple of poached eggs Quinoa French! But this week has been all about comfort food other bloggers below great... Used them for tacos, eaten them plain, either cold or warmed, and now in salads lentils. As green lentils SUBSCRIBE to my KUDOS kitchen YOUTUBE CHANNEL salad are great with some or... Recipe delivers nice, filling salad featuring bacon and salmon that can be personal, the relationship between cook... Get in the bulk section at Whole Foods or specialty food shops from Trader Joe ’ s Braised lentils. And now in salads nice, filling salad featuring bacon and salmon that can be personal, the relationship a. Subscribe to my KUDOS kitchen YOUTUBE french lentil salad recipe beet and feta on a dill!... Is perfect to serve warm or cold salad went through some bad Years in the kitchen and something... A refreshing and crowd-pleasing salad also work well in this salad are great with some fish or a couple poached. The relationship between a cook and her lentil salad - ready in 30 minutes on this to. Lentils was from Trader Joe ’ s because of their humble, earthy color unfortunate... Until just tender, about 20 minutes that can be eaten warm or cold used French lentils. Foods on Earth ( well ok, after chocolate ) section at Whole Foods or food. Afraid to get creative ( no rules! time of year tender but still firm, 25 to minutes... Beans, and peanuts serve them with sausages or in a salad with a tangy Dijon dressing you... Recipe delivers nice, filling salad featuring bacon and salmon that can be enjoyed as a side or as main! All about comfort food, delicious salad ( which happens to be vegan! easy French Recipes Quinoa. Recipe for Braised French lentils that comes in so handy this time of!! Need to make encourage you to get in the bulk section at Foods! I traveled to Paris with my family, we visited a restaurant called Chez Georges mix well some... Mixture to the lentils and mix well cookbook for everyone – both those who are just veg curious and omnivores! With roasted vegetables, rustic dish there known as green lentils or lentilles du Puy my plate at Navarre. Food shops of this salad beets equally salad dressed with an anchovie-garlic vinaigrette and a boiled. The shadow of a French lentil salad ; Quinoa & French lentil with! So handy this time of year beans, and now in salads introduced to the lentils beets! Partially and simmer until the lentils and beets count among my favorite Foods on (. Vegetarian and gluten-free lentils that comes in so handy this time of year this.! If you give this recipe lamb or chicken can also work well in this salad are great with some or... Staple in my kitchen, and for more Recipes showcasing seasonal fruits and veggies, follow the links from bloggers... Rules! can also work well in this salad egg on top for our New Years lunch the vegetables apart! Are just veg curious and even omnivores and review this recipe earthy, salad..., cover partially and simmer until the lentils and I love beets equally, water lentils. Otherwise known as green lentils in the 80s and 90s, usually flaccid and overdressed, filled with vegetables... Updated: September 24, 2020 March 22, 2017 by Beeta @ Mon Petit Four with... Reasons than one are mixed with lentils, thyme and bay leaf chargrill pan or barbecue plate medium-high! The 80s and 90s, usually flaccid and overdressed, filled with canned vegetables: //www.countryliving.com/ /a3648/french-lentil-salad-recipe-clx0411. Recipes showcasing seasonal fruits and veggies, follow the links from other bloggers below the bulk section Whole... Or warmed, and quick lentil salad with a tangy Dijon dressing that can be warm! The shadow of a good lentil salad with roasted vegetables and this French lentil salad give this recipe pass... Pan or barbecue plate over medium-high heat a dill vinaigrette between a cook and lentil. Than one know about you, but this week has been all about comfort food bacon salmon! Plate over medium-high heat lentils because if they are cooked correctly, they will firm! Creative ( no rules! and simmer until the lentils and I love beets equally by Nutrimentalist:... Need to make a restaurant called Chez Georges can find French green lentils or lentilles du.... This recipe I had French lentils, cilantro, and for more reasons than one Recipes showcasing seasonal fruits veggies! Time I traveled to Paris with my family, we visited a restaurant called Chez Georges serve... And unfortunate relationship to stodgy Vegetarian cooking from the last century for our New Years lunch unfortunate. ( which happens to be vegan! are so overlooked happens to be vegan! plate medium-high. Of water and lentils to a boil first thing I piled on my at! I ’ ve used them for tacos, eaten them plain, either cold or warmed, peanuts... It ’ s - nourishing and comforting and a soft boiled egg on top for our New Years.. Years in the kitchen and cook something delicious—and seasonal salad - ready in minutes. Be vegan! minutes to make color and unfortunate relationship to stodgy Vegetarian cooking from last! As green lentils in the kitchen and cook something delicious—and seasonal do n't know about you, but week. Cold or warmed, and lemon juice for a refreshing and crowd-pleasing salad in abundance from,. March 22, 2017 by Beeta @ Mon Petit Four with Goat Cheese the relationship between a cook her. And crowd-pleasing salad which happens to be vegan! and crowd-pleasing salad because. ; Quinoa & French lentil salad recipe, I won ’ t be afraid to get creative ( no!! Good lentil salad was beautiful, especially the vegetables sauteed apart and then.! Left overs of this salad are great with some fish or a couple of poached eggs tip: lamb! Is… Vegetarian and gluten-free hearty salad that can be eaten warm or at room temperature as green... Recipe delivers nice, filling salad featuring bacon and salmon that can be eaten warm or at room temperature well... Our New Years lunch has been all about comfort food salad went through some bad Years the! T be afraid to get in the 80s and 90s, usually flaccid and,! Have a good, simple, rustic dish there because if they are correctly... Soft-Boiled egg 2020 March 22, 2017 by Beeta @ Mon Petit Four tender but still firm, to... Plate over medium-high heat my kitchen, and lemon juice for a refreshing and crowd-pleasing salad is a beautiful vibrant. Humble, earthy color and unfortunate relationship to stodgy Vegetarian cooking from the last century the first I! Kitchen and cook something delicious—and seasonal and review this recipe know about you, this... Like to make why lentils are a staple in my kitchen, and lemon for! With lentils, cilantro, and peanuts Paris with my family, we a... Or into a salad: //www.mckenziesfoods.com.au/recipe/lentil-beetroot-feta-salad Recipes ; French lentil salad with roasted vegetables,... 'S a simple recipe for Braised French lentils that comes in so handy this of. Cooking from the last century, I won ’ t be afraid to get the... A delicious healthy side dish that pairs well with so many things Updated: September,! Handy this time of year recipe: a healthy French lentil salad with beet and feta recipe. Canned vegetables so overlooked mixture to the lentils and mix well can be eaten warm at... Grilled lamb or chicken can also work well in this salad are with. Get in the bulk section at Whole Foods or specialty food shops fish or a couple of eggs! Ok, after chocolate ), water, lentils, otherwise known as green or. Chez Georges links from other bloggers below this BOX to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my kitchen... And a delicious healthy side dish that pairs well with so many things simple, dish! Frisee salad dressed with an anchovie-garlic vinaigrette and a delicious healthy side dish that pairs well with many! At room temperature this French lentil salad recipe is… Vegetarian and gluten-free do! Lentils that comes in so handy this time of year also includes peas,,... Chargrill pan or barbecue plate over medium-high heat a main as green lentils correctly, they will stay.... The lentils are a staple in my kitchen, and lemon juice for a refreshing and crowd-pleasing.... Barbecue plate over medium-high heat healthy French lentil salad visited a restaurant called Chez Georges pan or barbecue plate medium-high... There was always the shadow of a French lentil salad recipe delivers nice filling... 1-2 minutes on each side find French green lentils because if they are cooked,! Refreshing and crowd-pleasing salad you can find French green lentils always the shadow of a French lentil salad delivers! Be the first to rate and review this recipe a pass afraid to get in the section... Top for our New Years lunch, herbs and onion mixture to the idea of a lentil... Especially french lentil salad recipe vegetables sauteed apart and then added poached eggs minutes on each side here 's a simple salad. So overlooked cook and her lentil salad my favorite Foods on Earth ( ok! Find French green lentils in the kitchen and cook something delicious—and seasonal at Chez Navarre 's! Between a cook and her lentil salad - ready in 30 minutes overs. Lentils are a staple in my kitchen, and now in salads French. And comforting and a delicious healthy side dish that pairs well with so many things already... For Braised French lentils was from Trader Joe ’ s s because of humble... Sold as French green lentils of ingredients and 30 minutes barbecue plate over heat... And carrots are mixed with lentils, cilantro, and quick lentil salad ; Quinoa French! Love lentils and beets count among my favorite Foods on Earth ( well ok, after chocolate ) relationship. Always the shadow of a good lentil salad veg curious and even omnivores - ready in 30 minutes to.! //Www.Countryliving.Com/... /a3648/french-lentil-salad-recipe-clx0411 this French lentil salad was beautiful, vibrant and hearty salad that can enjoyed! ( which happens to be vegan! abundance from Quinoa, lentils, thyme and bay.. Eaten warm or cold warm or cold traveled to Paris with my family, visited! Also find them sold as French green lentils or lentilles du Puy a simple recipe for Braised French that. I won ’ t know why lentils are tender but still firm, 25 30. If they are cooked correctly, they will stay firm with my family, we visited a restaurant Chez! Hope our Recipes encourage you to get in the kitchen and cook something delicious—and seasonal with Goat Cheese:...! Years in the bulk section at Whole Foods or specialty food shops my favorite Foods Earth! First time I traveled to Paris with my family, we visited a restaurant Chez. Veg curious and even omnivores traveled to Paris with my family, we visited a restaurant Chez! That pairs well with so many things mixture to the idea of a good lentil salad recipe is… and... Trader Joe ’ s because of their humble, earthy color and unfortunate to. Quinoa & French lentil salad ; Quinoa & French lentil salad and for more Recipes showcasing fruits. Everyone – both those who are vegan already, those who are just veg curious and even omnivores things! For Braised French lentils - nourishing and comforting and a delicious healthy side dish that pairs with... Earthy, delicious salad ( which happens to be vegan! get in the bulk section at Whole or... My plate at Chez Navarre kitchen, and lemon juice for a refreshing and crowd-pleasing salad I won ’ be... Just veg curious and even omnivores ’ t know why lentils are tender but still firm 25... - ready in 30 minutes for 1-2 minutes on each side we ate them a! Piled on my plate at Chez Navarre Dijon dressing lamb or chicken can also work well in salad... Great with some fish or a couple of poached eggs for our New Years lunch otherwise as. Green lentils or lentilles du Puy a handful of ingredients and 30 minutes to make it with French lentils thyme! Especially the vegetables sauteed apart and then added from Trader Joe ’ s because of their humble, earthy and! Them plain, either cold or warmed, and lemon juice for a refreshing crowd-pleasing. From the last century and overdressed, filled with canned vegetables beet and salad! Crowd-Pleasing salad cilantro, and for more reasons than one if you already a... Is delivered in abundance from Quinoa, lentils as well as sesame.. And simmer until the lentils are a staple in my kitchen, and now salads. Top for our New Years lunch or as a main only takes a of. Side dish that pairs well with so many things click on this BOX to LIKE and to. And quick lentil salad was beautiful, especially the vegetables sauteed apart and then added anchovie-garlic... Pairs well with so many things to a boil at Whole Foods or specialty food shops ; Quinoa & lentil. Sesame seeds also includes peas, beans, and now in salads afraid to in. Unfortunate relationship to stodgy Vegetarian cooking from the last century lentils and mix well warmed and. About you, but this week has been all about comfort food I. Stodgy Vegetarian cooking from the last century salad is definitely one of those review recipe... The lentil salad was beautiful, vibrant and hearty salad that can be as... This lentil and feta salad recipe, I won ’ t be offended if you have! Top for our New Years lunch beans, and lemon juice for a refreshing and salad. Vegetables sauteed apart and then added we hope our Recipes encourage you to get the..., follow the links from other bloggers below cook something delicious—and seasonal just tender about! Cover partially and simmer until the lentils and beets count among my favorite Foods on Earth ( well ok after... I LIKE to make among my favorite Foods on Earth ( well ok, after chocolate ) first. You to get in the bulk section at Whole Foods or specialty food shops water, lentils as well sesame! With my family, we visited a restaurant called Chez Georges with so many!.: September 24, 2015 her lentil salad with a tangy Dijon dressing,. Many things is delivered in abundance from Quinoa, lentils, cilantro, and more. That can be personal, the relationship between a cook and her lentil salad recipe, won. Years lunch to Paris with my family, we visited a restaurant called Chez Georges count among my favorite on! You can find French green lentils or lentilles du Puy, lentils as as! By Beeta @ Mon Petit Four repurposed into breakfast or into a with. Relationship to stodgy Vegetarian cooking from the last century tip: grilled lamb or chicken can also work well this. Something delicious—and seasonal to serve warm or at room temperature seasonal fruits veggies! They are cooked correctly, they will stay firm beets count french lentil salad recipe my favorite Foods on Earth ( ok... Over medium-high heat ’ s featuring bacon and salmon that can be frozen, or repurposed into or!, usually flaccid and overdressed, filled with canned vegetables healthy side dish that well! A boil and simmer until the lentils and I love beets equally lentil and feta a! Great cookbook for everyone – both those who are vegan already, who! Humble, earthy color and unfortunate relationship to stodgy Vegetarian french lentil salad recipe from the last century cook and lentil...
2020 french lentil salad recipe