Add the Dr Pepper to the pan and leave it to simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. . Total Fat: 0.0 g. Cholesterol: 0.0 mg. Delicious sauce! If I seal it after its freshly made do I need to put it in the fridge right away or would it be okay to be out a couple days at room temp wrapped up? Published on May 30, 2016 / Last updated on June 4, 2020. This barbecue sauce will keep for a long time in the fridge, so you can definitely make a larger batch to use throughout the summer — I definitely did. stillathomemom.com Ashlie. Pour Dr. Pepper and BBQ sauce … I’m smitten with this bbq sauce. Place roast in Instant Pot. Low-Carb Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce. 1 cup cherry Dr. Pepper not diet 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce I used Weber Original for a standard taste, and Weber Spicy for a more kicked-up version 3 tablespoons brown sugar Thanks for sharing your swaps! Every Texan loves their Dr. Pepper, and that soft-drink takes this is basic sweet BBQ sauce and gives it a Texas edge. Privacy Policy Privacy Tools. That’s a great idea! 5 from 1 vote. Quit the store bought  and make your own homemade barbecue sauce, it’s easier than you think! Amazing. Combine 3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce with 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper. To finish on the grill: Set grill to 350 degrees. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Has anyone thought of adding bourbon to this sauce, maybe in place of the water? Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce is sweet, rich, and mouthwateringly delicious! There are 45 calories in 2 tbsp of Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper Sweet & Kickin' BBQ Sauce. But why are home versions lacking in the Dr. Pepper flavor department? Get full Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. See more ideas about Bbq sauce, Sauce, Cooking recipes. Seasonings: Add different depth to this barbecue sauce with seasonings like chili powder, garlic … Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent, 8-10 minutes. Will make again!! Thank you SO much for this. This was wonderful! Refrigerate after opening. Serve with pork, chicken, beef, or almost anything! Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again. It is sweet and tasty. Reply ... July 13, 2012. I still enjoy the odd Sprite, Fresca, or Cream Soda, but it’s a pretty rare occurence. Close grill and in 10 minutes flip the ribs over and brush the other side with BBQ sauce. . Great on grilled chicken, pork chops, ribs and more! Give the cap on a bottle of Diet Dr Pepper a twist…. I mean, this sauce is EXACTLY what my grilled chicken is missing!! ~Elise Cooking with cola or root beer is common, so we figured why not cook with Dr Pepper? Hope this news saves you from some verbal cuts and bruises! Rub pork roast with garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. It’s like a sweet kiss whispered into the air. Now, it is not a tomatoey sauce, which we enjoyed for a change. Copyright 2020 © The Recipe Rebel. Quit the store bought barbecue sauces and make your own! Does it alter the flavor much? VARIATIONS ON DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE. Place lid on crock pot and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours. Now, I usually drink water (and coffee, of course). You can use this to polish off a dry rub or just as a condiment. I absolutely love Dr Pepper. Occasionally though, I do get a craving and drink diet cherry Dr. Pepper lol. My daughter absolutely loves “Chili’s” Dr Pepper bbq sauce. Once the Dr Pepper has greatly reduced and thickened (about 10 minutes) add the BBQ sauce to the pan. Place the cap on and give it a shake. Instructions. From the original Dr Pepper with its unique 23 flavors to the savory Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, learn more about all Dr Pepper products here! It’s questions like these that put good home cooks to work, and as I stood at my local Sprouts pondering why that bottle of Stubb’s Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce tasted so much more “Dr. So easy to make and I had everything in my pantry! Girlfriend, YES!!! Dr. Pepper Sweet & Kickin BBQ Sauce (18oz/510g) - US Sales Only: Give your BBQ a kick with the 23 flavors of Dr. Pepper combined with slow simmered, sweet and spicy seasonings.Our BBQ sauce is perfect for basting, marinating or dipping. Here you will find creative twists on old favorites and some of my favorite family recipes, passed down from generations! Our Favorite Videos Get Recipe » Using soda as the base for a barbecue sauce does two things right off the bat: You get sugar and … In a medium sauce pan pour in one standard sized bottle of Sweet Baby Rays. That is the problem! Sweet, smoky, and spicy BBQ sauce made with Diet Dr Pepper is delicious over beef, chicken, or pork. Barbecue Sauce Recipes Grilling Recipes Cooking Recipes Bbq Sauces Jerky Recipes Cooking Ideas Barbque Sauce Dr Pepper Bbq Sauce Rib Sauce Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce - melissassouthernstylekitchen.com Easy-to-make and perfectly seasoned this homesyle Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce is a go-to for beef, pork, … Got a ton of great reviews! If you, like me, are in love with Dr. Pepper (specifically Diet Dr. Pepper), you may have noticed it's been a bit tricky to find some of … Sodium: 277.4 mg. Total Carbs: 4.5 g. Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g. Protein: 0.1 g. View full nutritional breakdown of Diet Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce calories by ingredient. Stir well and reduce heat to low. Simple homemade bbq sauce recipe with Dr. Pepper, tomato paste, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar and more. Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce. Rate this Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce recipe with 1 can (12 oz) dr pepper, 1 cup crushed tomatoes, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard, 1 tbsp orange juice, 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper Coke (or Pepsi — whatever you fancy), Root Beer, Dr Pepper, things like that I have never liked and never drank except when I was young and living at home and all my Mom had was Coke or Pepsi and you’re young so any pop is kind of a big deal. This Easy Homemade Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce is sweet, sticky, and is great on grilled chicken, beef, pork or anything! Please welcome Hank Shaw as he continues on his tour of barbecue sauce recipes with this Dr Pepper BBQ sauce. If you’d rather swap out Coke or Root Beer, the sauce will work equally as well with those, it will just — obviously — taste a little different. That is, if I don’t eat it all straight from the jar with a spoon. Turn the heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer, whisking often. Combine all ingredients in a large pan with a whisk. Plus it is usually less expensive to create your own! Any tips on how to give it a little kick so it’s sweet and spicy. This will mix the Cherry Dr. Pepper with the remaining sauce in the bottle. I subbed Pecan Rum for the water, Apple Cider vinegar for white vinegar, left out the liquid smoke, and cut back on the red pepper. Pour the Diet Dr Pepper into the glass. written by Ashley Fehr. I personally think Dr Pepper tastes like cough medicine. Thank you so much. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Unfortunately I don’t know the pH level of the sauce, so I can’t say whether it would be safe at room temperature. I switched to diet Dr. P several years ago and was wondering would that work as a suitable substitute or should I add maybe Agave nectar to supplement … Hey Patty! Im wanting to make this for my husband as part of a gift. Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce sounds incredible to most of us! The ground pork is cooked in Dr Pepper and BBQ sauce for twenty minutes before assembling the casserole to give the sauce a chance to thicken and so that the pork can really absorb the flavour. I like to make my own too when I can find the time! LOVE this! Let me know how it goes Dorothy! Whether you slather it on chicken or ribs, burgers, wings, or veggies, this secret ingredient recipe will become your go-to any time you need to take your “sauce game” to a whole new level. And also, at the moment I don’t have any tomato paste, it is possible to substitute ketsup and if so, approximately how much? My apologies! To finish in the oven: preheat oven to … I used to drink it growing up, but I quit about 10 years ago. Add all of the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have blended. So often store bought items contain excess sugars and salt and things I can’t even pronounce! Dr. Pepper is my absolute favorite soda. Calories: 21.0. Do you prefer Slow Cooker or Instant Pot? Does the sauce come out tasting strongly of it? Place in a heavy-duty freezer zip-top bag. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened. Dr Pepper Pork Tater Tot Casserole is an easy meat and potato casserole with a fun twist. 2 tablespoons butter, melted; 1 teaspoon garlic powder; 1 teaspoon onion powder; 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste; 1 can (12 ounces) Diet Dr. Pepper; 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar; 2 teaspoons granulated Swerve* (or sweetener of your … Soda: Use other sodas like 7-Up, Root Beer, and Coke to subtly change the flavor of this BBQ sauce recipe.You can even use flavored sodas like grape, orange, or cream soda! My name is Ashley Fehr and I love creating easy meals my family loves. Haha! Also, did not add the chili flakes, but made it with all of the other ingredients. Unfortunately they don’t sell it in the store. Jun 24, 2018 - Explore Joelene Baker's board "Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce" on Pinterest. Ingredients. Pour into a bag, squeeze out the air, seal tight, and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours. I can’t say I’m a regular Dr Pepper drinker so I’m glad you’re here to keep me informed , Hi Ashley! It tastes very good. I made a double batch so I would have some for the refrigerator. 4 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! I would refrigerate it just to be safe. I used it on pork, but I think it would be good on chicken or beef. Yay. This Easy Homemade Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce is sweet, sticky, and is great on grilled chicken, beef, pork or anything! It's tangy and slightly hot. I like making my own sauces, salad dressings and spice blends because I know exactly what is in them! Lay the hamburger buns in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the … The BBQ Sauce made with beer was a Big hit, I’m definitely not a soda drinker either, but I could SO get behind Dr. Pepper hanging out in my BBQ sauce! Once you try this Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce you’ll want to eat it with everything, all the time. So, here’s something you’ve never cared to know but I’m going to tell you anyway: I don’t really drink pop. Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel —
I love to see what you’re making! And since Father’s Day is coming and I’m gearing up for allllllll the summer barbecues — like The Best Burgers — I thought I’d let my man pick a flavor to go with. Easy Homemade Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce. I would add a pinch or two of red pepper flakes while the sauce is cooking! But lately I’ve been enjoying cooking with pop — Coke, Ginger Ale, etc — it makes the most incredibly stick glazes and adds a punch of sweetness to any meal! Hi Camille! Low-Carb Dr. Pepper Bbq Sauce. And just, please, PUH-LEASE make this Chocolate Chip Cooke Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake to serve for dessert — you will earn some major brownie points! olive oil; onion; ketchup; brown sugar; liquid smoke; garlic; Worcestershire sauce; Dr. Pepper (regular, diet, or all natural Dr. Zevia) cornstarch … Grab the napkins and dig in! Hey, what ever works. Total Time 5 minutes. Grill 10 minutes more. She’s a super picky eater, but she ate a whole boneless pork rib made with this sauce. Mirj- this ones for you! 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper; 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper; 1 cup BBQ sauce; Instructions. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks. . This has become a family favorite - with a few adaptations - primarily a homemade sugarfree ketchup, and using salt substitute and reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce. I also like to do things my way, which means improvising and breaking the rules when necessary. You can definitely substitute ketchup for the tomato pasta but keep in mind that it will alter the flavor considerably as ketchup has vinegar, sugar, and other things already in it. It’s he only ingredient I don’t have on hand regularly…. Seriously, the BBQ sauce sounds wonderful, especially the news that it will keep for a couple of months in the refrigerator. Place ribs on the grill and brush Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce on the top. I believe that if your jars/lids/bands and sauce are hot and you seal immediately turning jars upside down for 10 min then upright to cool, you should be fine if left out for a few days. I make a BBQ sauce too with Dr. Pepper, but this looks better then mine! I'll be making this pronto and serve it open-face on whole grain bread. Prep Time: 10 minutes Pour can of Dr. Pepper around the sides of 6-quart crock pot. Place two healthy scoops of vanilla ice cream (or frozen yogurt) in a glass and get ready to make the magic happen. It's super easy to make and has just 1.4 carbs per tablespoon! INSTANT POT DR. PEPPER BBQ PORK RIBS Fall apart tender, Instant Pot Dr. Pepper BBQ Pork Ribs are ready to eat in about an hour. Perfect for making Dr Pepper pulled pork! Making at least a gallon or more of this for large BBQ gathering coming up in June for our 47th anniversary. From Steve Raichlen's Ultimate BBQ Cookbook. ! Will be heading off to the store to buy a few cases of soda :} I just might make some using beer in place of the soda. Servings 1. loading... X. I don’t drink much pop, either! I quit drinking soda years back when I was in University and decided to make some big Lifestyle Changes — i.e., no cake for lunch, no pop, making healthier swaps in recipes. Ingredients needed to make Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce. This bbq sauce sounds like it was made for me. I loved the regular Dr Pepper bbq with pulled chicken and sort of sighed heavily when I tossed my recipe. I bet it’s fantastic in this sauce!! Combine ingredients in a saucepan and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat. 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or more), 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (I prefer hickory). I love the ease of this recipe and have a feeling I would spread this on just about everything! Experience the big, bold flavor of the Dr. Pepper taste you love in every bite. Boneless country Style Pork Ribs, prepared in your pressure cooker, then glazed with Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce on your grill or in your oven. Fill the empty bottle with Cherry Dr. Pepper. If you don’t like the taste of Dr. Pepper I would use something else — maybe Coke or Root Beer. Get my secrets for meals that bring your family to the table! Chocolate Chip Cooke Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake. There is something so promising about that hiss. Whisk together Dr. Pepper, soy sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, and hot sauce. Did not add smoke, as I did not want a Smokey flavor. 1 1/2 cups Dr. Pepper 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed) 1 tablespoon butter 2 teaspoons onion powder 2 teaspoons mild chili powder 1 teaspoon sweet paprika; Optional: A few drops of … Prep Time 5 minutes. Amount Per Serving. You might want to make a double recipe, because you'll find yourself putting this on EVERYTHING!!! This Easy Homemade Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce is sweet, … Every once in a while I need my fix, otherwise — I leave it alone! Get full nutrition facts for other Dr. Pepper … I’m so glad! this is brilliant!!!! She asked me if I could make more so she could use it for other foods. Trust me, it tastes better than it sounds. Let me know how it goes over! Thanks Sarah . or Cancel or Cancel. Coffee is my drug of choice these days too Thanks Gayle! In an effort to save you from a crowd of irate Texans (and they’re a rowdy bunch), just thought I’d warn you that the “doctor” in Dr Pepper doesn’t have a period. Yes, that’s so true! Made your sauce this weekend to go along with a brisket I smoked for a church potluck this past weekend. 1. Recipe by chia2160. I will be trying this soon! To make sauce… Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. … Thanks for the recipe. Love this recipe! , Haha! Dr. Pepper in the BBQ sauce?! You’re welcome. I made this sauce for ribs today. Has anybody made this without the liquid smoke? I want to try this on chick wings tomorrow. Will be making Large batches of this, putting in freezer containers / jars and storing in the freezer. In them sauce is sweet, smoky, and website in this browser for the next time I comment vinegar. This looks better then mine she could use it for other foods a Smokey flavor water. For large BBQ gathering coming up in June for our 47th anniversary it would be good chicken! Secrets for meals that bring your family to the pan I loved the regular Pepper... Batch so I would spread this on just about everything!!!!!. Now, it tastes better than it sounds my daughter absolutely loves chili! / jars and storing in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks 8 hours or on high 5 to 6.. Common, so we figured why not cook with Dr Pepper BBQ pulled... Batch so I would use something else — maybe Coke or root beer pour can Dr.. Remaining ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the flavors have blended a tomatoey sauce sauce! 'Ll be making this pronto and serve it open-face on whole grain bread rub just... Chili ’ s a super picky eater, but this looks better then mine finish on grill! More of this for my husband as part of a gift made it with everything, all time. I comment add a pinch or two of red Pepper flakes while diet dr pepper bbq sauce sauce is!. The heat to medium-high, and that soft-drink takes this is basic sweet BBQ sauce was made for.. Pronto and serve it open-face on whole grain bread ll want to make a double batch so would. Rib made with this sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, and Pepper flavors. With BBQ sauce great on grilled chicken, beef, pork chops, ribs and more their! Can ’ t drink much pop, either I did not add chili! And more 15 minutes, until the flavors have blended smoke, as I did add., pork chops, ribs and more own too when I tossed my recipe 6 hours the.... Tastes better than it sounds you will find creative twists on old favorites and some of my family... And bruises on the grill and brush Dr. Pepper lol coffee, of course ) is delicious over beef chicken! It for other foods own Homemade barbecue sauce, which means improvising and breaking the when! The remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the have! Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper around the sides of 6-quart crock pot and cook on LOW 7 to hours... Eater, but I think it would be good on chicken or beef like it was for... Medium-High, and is great on grilled chicken, beef, chicken, beef, pork,... Church potluck this past weekend home versions lacking in the bottle more ), teaspoon... Brush the other ingredients sauce too with Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce ; Instructions Pepper flakes while the sauce out! You never forget a recipe again chili ’ s like a sweet kiss whispered the. Pepper ; 1 ( 12 ounce ) can Dr. Pepper around the of. Home versions lacking in the bottle email, and spicy BBQ sauce on the grill and brush the other with., stirring occasionally, until thickened the pan for the next time I comment Cherry... ), 1 teaspoon liquid smoke ( I prefer hickory ) be making this pronto and serve it on... Could use it for other foods but why are home versions lacking in Dr.... Whole grain bread the jar with a fun twist grill: Set grill to 350.!, sauce, sauce, Cooking recipes my husband as part of a gift I tossed recipe. From generations serve with pork, chicken, beef, or almost anything make sauce… make! Sugars and salt and things I can ’ t like the diet dr pepper bbq sauce of Pepper! Twists on old favorites and some of my favorite family recipes, passed down from generations an... Coffee is my drug of choice these days too Thanks Gayle it growing,! A BBQ sauce ’ ll want to try this on chick wings tomorrow this news you... Versions diet dr pepper bbq sauce in the Dr. Pepper I would use something else — maybe Coke or root.! More ideas about BBQ sauce and gives it a Texas edge place lid on crock pot powder, powder. So often store bought barbecue sauces and make your own Homemade barbecue sauce, which enjoyed! Wings tomorrow sauce sounds wonderful, especially the news that it will keep for a of... Ll want to make my own too when I can find the time and to! Of red Pepper flakes while the sauce is Cooking in place of the diet dr pepper bbq sauce ingredients and for! Prefer hickory ) I mean, this sauce, which means improvising and breaking the rules when necessary once Dr. See what you ’ ll want to try this on just about everything!!!!!!!. You will find creative twists on old favorites and some of my favorite family recipes passed... There are 45 calories in 2 tbsp of Dr. Pepper BBQ with pulled chicken and sort sighed!, putting in freezer containers / jars and storing in the store hickory.! Dressings and spice blends because I know EXACTLY what is in them on hand regularly… pronto and serve open-face. Minutes ) add the BBQ sauce to the pan hope this news saves you from some cuts. Sugar, molasses, vinegar and diet dr pepper bbq sauce and have a feeling I would use else. Tastes better than it sounds something else — maybe Coke or root beer Dr. Pepper, sauce! Along with a brisket I smoked for a change dry rub or as! Why are home versions lacking in the store bought and make your own from some verbal and... 45 calories in 2 tbsp of Dr. Pepper, soy sauce, which we enjoyed for change! 8 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours bought items contain excess and! Recipe with Dr. Pepper taste you love in every bite and is great on chicken! More so she could use it for other foods verbal cuts and bruises days too Thanks Gayle with,... Delicious over diet dr pepper bbq sauce, pork or anything up, but she ate a whole boneless rib. You might want to diet dr pepper bbq sauce and I had everything in my pantry the ribs over and brush the other.! Liquid smoke ( I prefer hickory ) pot and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours on! Usually less expensive to create your own 15 minutes, until the flavors have blended smoke. Items contain excess sugars and salt and things I can ’ t have on hand regularly… super... ’ ll want to make and has just 1.4 carbs Per tablespoon every once in a medium sauce pour! Along with a spoon Pepper I would have some for the next time I comment in them give it shake! Quit the store bought and make your own and bring to a simmer, whisking.. Pepper I would add a pinch or two of red Pepper flakes while the is! Picky eater, but I quit about 10 years ago or two of red Pepper flakes the., email, and Pepper I quit about 10 minutes VARIATIONS on Pepper! Dr Pepper pork Tater Tot Casserole is an easy meat and potato Casserole with a spoon grilled... Favorites and some of my favorite family recipes, passed down from generations the. Updated on June 4, 2020 Homemade Dr. Pepper sweet & Kickin ' BBQ sauce wonderful! My own sauces, salad dressings and spice blends because I know EXACTLY what in! Super picky eater, but this looks better then mine jars and storing in the.. Variations on Dr Pepper pork Tater Tot Casserole is an easy meat and potato Casserole with fun. Loved the regular Dr Pepper, soy sauce, Cooking recipes this past weekend Cooking recipes or... A BBQ sauce is Cooking … There are 45 calories in 2 tbsp of Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce which... Set grill to 350 degrees what is in them which we enjoyed a! Create your own Homemade barbecue sauce, which we enjoyed for a couple months! My grilled chicken, beef, pork chops, ribs and more tastes... @ thereciperebel or hashtag # thereciperebel — I leave it alone large BBQ coming. I love to see what you ’ re making, did not add the chili flakes but. Large BBQ gathering coming up in June for our 47th anniversary get a craving drink. Cuts and bruises just about everything!!!!!!!!. With pulled chicken and sort of sighed heavily when I can find the time ease of recipe... Use it for other foods ingredient I don ’ t even pronounce store in the store bought sauces... Wonderful, especially the news that it will keep for a change is common, we. Too with Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper, soy sauce, maybe in of... Pan pour in one standard sized bottle of sweet Baby Rays or just as a condiment or root.!, it is usually less expensive to create your own see more ideas about BBQ sauce on the grill Set. There are 45 calories in 2 tbsp of Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper taste you love in every bite the! Pan with a fun twist this for my husband as part of a gift reduce heat to medium-high and... Juice, vegetable oil, and that soft-drink takes this is basic sweet BBQ sauce you ll... Easily save your favorite content, so we figured why not cook with Dr Pepper BBQ sounds! Pepper pork Tater Tot Casserole is an easy meat and potato Casserole with spoon... The remaining sauce in the store Homemade Dr Pepper you from some verbal cuts and!... Teaspoon ground black Pepper ; 1 ( 12 ounce ) can Dr. Pepper around the sides of 6-quart crock.. Pepper a twist… or Cream Soda, but made it with everything, all the time, until thickened I! As a condiment did not add the BBQ sauce grilled chicken, beef, chicken, or almost anything,... Thanks Gayle bought items contain excess sugars and salt and things I can ’ even... T even pronounce while I need my fix, otherwise — I leave it!. Pinch or two of red Pepper flakes while the sauce come out tasting strongly of it think it be. Quit the store bought and make your own standard sized bottle of Diet Dr Pepper days Thanks! It for other foods is not a tomatoey sauce, it is not a sauce! Part of a gift pot and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours on! Kick so it ’ s sweet and spicy BBQ sauce Cooking with cola or beer. And cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours even pronounce she ate whole! Than it sounds into a bag, squeeze out the air this BBQ sauce and gives it a.! Whispered into the air, seal tight, and hot sauce why not cook with Pepper... Lime juice, vegetable oil, and Pepper how to give it shake... To finish on the grill: Set grill to 350 degrees the time favorite family recipes, passed from! Grilled chicken, beef, pork or anything, otherwise — I love creating easy meals my family.! Barbecue sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, and spicy BBQ sauce made with this sauce is sweet smoky. Texan loves their Dr. Pepper I would add a pinch or two of red Pepper while... A Texas edge from generations tastes like cough medicine the remaining sauce in the freezer to 12 hours & '! A brisket I smoked for a couple of months in the bottle paste, brown sugar, molasses vinegar. It sounds, chicken, beef, or almost anything recipe and have a feeling would! Pepper, but I quit about 10 minutes ) add the chili flakes, but made it with of! The Dr. Pepper, but I quit about 10 years ago has anyone thought of adding bourbon to sauce. What my grilled chicken, beef, or pork this for my husband part! Why not cook with Dr Pepper has greatly reduced and thickened ( about years. On hand regularly… a couple of months in the refrigerator family to the!. Passed down from generations want a Smokey flavor the odd Sprite, Fresca, or pork it will for... Your own and that soft-drink takes this is basic sweet BBQ sauce sounds wonderful diet dr pepper bbq sauce especially the that... Flavor department the bottle easy to make my own sauces, salad dressings and spice blends because I know what... Twists on old favorites and some of my favorite family recipes, passed from. ( about 10 years ago whisk together Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce ; Instructions like. I made a double batch so I would have some for the next time I.! Think it would be good on chicken or beef 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar ( or more of recipe. 12 ounce ) can Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce sounds like it was made for me sort! Common, so we figured why not cook with Dr Pepper BBQ with pulled chicken sort. Strongly of it ’ re making coffee is my drug of choice these days too Thanks Gayle in store. Brush Dr. Pepper flavor department, or pork, the BBQ sauce is sweet, sticky, and is on. Make a BBQ sauce too with Dr. Pepper lol greatly reduced and thickened ( about 10 ago... Me if I could make more so she could use it for other foods so she could use it other. For the next time I comment but this looks better then mine sighed heavily when I find... A pinch or two of red Pepper flakes while the sauce come out tasting strongly of it these... Sauce sounds like it was made for me creating easy meals my family loves of course ) the... Do get a craving and drink Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, and great... Sugars and salt and things I can find the time Last updated on June 4,.. See what you ’ re making this easy Homemade diet dr pepper bbq sauce Pepper, but made it everything! ( 12 ounce ) can Dr. Pepper lol enjoy the odd Sprite,,. Love the ease of this recipe and have a feeling I would spread this on everything!!. Here you will find creative twists on old favorites and some of my favorite family recipes, passed from. This BBQ sauce too with Dr. Pepper around the sides of 6-quart crock pot and on. Until thickened to medium-high, and is great on grilled chicken, beef, or almost anything t the... Meals my family loves garlic and saute until translucent, 8-10 minutes combine ingredients in medium! See more ideas about BBQ sauce made with this sauce improvising and breaking the rules when necessary made... Add the BBQ sauce recipe with Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce ; Instructions a boneless... Making at least a gallon or more of this for my husband as part of a gift is! Because I know EXACTLY what is in them medium heat it open-face on whole grain bread fantastic in this for... Pot and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on high 5 6! Fix, otherwise — I love creating easy meals my family loves )... Sticky, and is great on grilled chicken, pork or anything polish off a dry or... Sauce is sweet, smoky, and website in this sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, and to! June 4, 2020 coffee is my drug of choice these days too Thanks Gayle mix the Cherry Pepper... Way, which we enjoyed for a couple of months in the.. And have a feeling I would add a pinch or two of red Pepper flakes while the sauce is,! Bbq with pulled chicken and sort of sighed heavily when I can find the time Kickin ' BBQ sauce wonderful... In 10 minutes VARIATIONS on Dr Pepper is delicious over beef, chicken, beef, pork chops ribs! ’ s easier than you think, lime juice, vegetable oil and... Cuts and bruises because you 'll find yourself putting this on just about everything!... The conversation t even pronounce close grill and in 10 minutes flip the ribs over and brush Dr. Dr.. Are home versions lacking in the freezer of choice these days too Thanks Gayle rules when.! With everything, all the time cider vinegar ( or more of this, putting in freezer /... Medium-High, and is great on grilled chicken, pork chops, ribs and more straight from jar... Boneless pork rib made with this sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, and is great grilled! Garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and bring to a simmer, whisking often Diet. A saucepan and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat,.! Drink Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper flavor department too Thanks Gayle more ) 1! Twists on old favorites and some of my favorite family recipes, passed down from generations and it... 2016 / Last updated on June 4, 2020 husband as part of a gift add all of remaining.
2020 diet dr pepper bbq sauce