Removing both of these things left behind OBVIOUS water damage and rot next to the bathtub and a hole in the floor where the plumber had capped off the bidet line. (The flooring in the living room is so loud it wakes me in the bedroom at night.) I am doing a remodel of a 1970s built upstairs condo (WA state). ( those underlayment stated IIC 70) I would like to know approximately how much rate of IIC & STC on wood subfloor. A standard subfloor consists of plywood or similar sheet material installed over wood floor joists, the main structural members of a wood-floor frame. Subfloor Installation Contractors. Subfloor has been removed by home owner. Which most of condo has unless you live high rise. A subfloor is the flat, structural layer of a floor assembly. Is it illegal to market a product as if it would protect against something, while never making explicit claims? How to Fix an Unlevel Floor on an Upstairs Floor in Preparation for Nail-Down Hardwood Flooring? products Contractor Rewards. Condo With Concrete Subfloor: Please Recommend Best Species/Brand Hardwood Floor Concrete sub-floor, located on the 5th floor of a 45 year old high rise. Your Condo Association governing document will disclose all the Association responsibilities. Ask Your Own Home Improvement Question. Re- … Dry Rot Repair, Siding. I'm in the process of remodeling our upstairs bathroom in a condo unit. Best regards, Viena. I have even seen it used in floors of subway cars, where construction is burly yet weight is still a consideration. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. You can either use cement backerboard or a waterproof underlayment membrane. It will also depend on whether your building is a co-op or a condo. The subfloor may be the cause, and I'm wondering if my condo association is responsible for repair of the subfloor itself and also possibly my kitchen floor. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. One thing that I always point out is it's important to distinguish between the responsibility to maintain and repair versus the liability for the cost to maintain and repair. While concrete is a strong construction material, it can still crack. How to Repair a Concrete Floor. Condo fees are calculated based on projected costs for the coming year, and should include additional amounts to put toward larger repairs. How to patch small holes in concrete slab basement floor? So who is eventually responsible for the repairs and maintenance costs? Posts: 847 Rewards Points: 216 Re: Condo With Concrete Subfloor: Please Recommend Best Species/Brand Hardwood Floor If it was me, I'd go engineered. Typically, the condo unit owner is responsible for the finished interior surface or the covering of the drywall, however, the condominium is responsible for the drywall itself. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. Short scene in novel: implausibility of solar eclipses. While you may be able to repair sections of a subfloor yourself, when replacing the entire floor, you should hire a professional. measuring for flat and repair cracks If you have a helper, take a string line and two blocks of wood that are the same size. Serving Beaufort, Johns Island, Goose Creek, Ladson, Moncks Corner, Hanahan, North Charleston. Show More. I am assuming that the decking and subfloor are for your exclusive use and that the association is claiming the common elementassociation is claiming the common element It only takes a minute to sign up. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. A springy or spongy feeling could … There is a relatively easy and inexpensive way to kill the squeak. This occurs because of leaks and water damage. Let us know! A strata corporation’s bylaws can designate the different maintenance and repair responsibilities of owners and the strata corporation for parts of the strata lot. I live in a condo below a unit which has extremely loud squeaking and creaking floors. chris87 Member I'm going to lose some money here factoring in the necessary renovations (given what the house is worth and what I currently owe). Crawl Space Repair - The rotting subfloor was replaced with a treated plywood subfloor. Mr. Handyman’s floor services are your total solution for installation and repair of most types of flooring, including hardwood, laminate, vinyl, linoleum, ceramic tile and more. Results 1 to 6 of 6 Thread: 2nd floor condo, concrete subfloor. Dear Mary Jane: I would recommend contacting a flooring company to help with this repair. Design approval and permits from your local building authority are usually not required for Subfloor Repair. If you're facing a water damage issue in your apartment, who ends up paying will depend on where the water is coming from, and in some cases, who caused the leak, says Steven Wagner, a co-op and condo attorney with Wagner Berkow LLP and a longtime board member of his own 420-unit Manhattan co-op. I removed the carpeting from my condo and now theres cracks and holes - Answered by a verified Home Improvement Expert. Hi, I am a condo board and I am require to provide owner with underlayment approved by the board for hardwood/laminate floor as owner wants to remove underpad/carpet. Joist repairs mean you’ll have to tear up your top layer and the subfloor and replacing them. They know what to look for with damage, how to prevent damage in the future and the right way to install a sound, solid subfloor that will last the lifetime of your house. Dry Rot Repair, Exterior Painting, Exterior Trim, Garage and Pedestrian Door Jambs. I own a condo in Southern NJ, about 850 square feet, and am ready to start a full remodel in order to sell it. A: We believe the source of the creaky floors above your head is loose nails. Using a … In most condominiums, the common elements include the drywall that is contained in each condo unit. Discover the newest in condo management, industry innovations, and board benefits. This is in all rooms including previously carpeted areas and including the bathroom. If the floor is close to flat, it should be the same distance from the concrete to the string all along the string line. The owners insurance has agreed to pay less depreciation cost which is 25% plus the insurance is not willing to pay for the 7 to 10 days of lodging during the repair since it is a 2nd home. Install, Repair & More. Crawl Space Waterproofing; Vapor Barrier; Energy Efficient Dehumidifier; Thermal Insulation; Sump … Project Type: Subfloor Dry Rot Damage Repair. Sacramento. If not, your floor covering, which is the solid hardwood, laminate, tile, or other exposed flooring that goes on top of the subfloor, will never be flat and level.This problem can be fixed, but it all depends on exactly what kind of uneven subfloor you have. Did my 2015 rim have wear indicators on the brake surface? Re: 2nd floor condo, concrete subfloor. What is there now is a 3/4" OSB sub-floor (over which tile was directly installed). The Corporation require a STC/ICC of 55+. It's a common practice in budget-built hotels, apartments, etc. It is safe to assume that a foundational crack would be the responsibility of the Condo Association to repair. Catalyst Condo management brings a fresh approach to condo property management through innovation, experience, and a desire to provide real service, not lip service. Strata Lot Repair and Maintenance . Therefore, if the unit’s walls or ceiling are water or mold damaged, it is the condominium’s duty and obligation to replace the drywall. You should also define the duties and responsibilities of both the parties in a clear manner. THE DEMISE OF AGE-RESTRICTED CONDO LIVING IN ALBERTA. See typical tasks and time to repair a subfloor, along with per unit costs and material requirements. Did Biden underperform the polls because some voters changed their minds after being polled? Love Your Basement Event : Redeem Your Gift Card for Purchases from Sept 1 - Nov 30 . Show Printable Version; Email this Page… Subscribe to this Thread… VW1.8Tsunami. For typical Subfloor Repair expect to pay between $7.63 to $13.12 per square foot. I am doing a remodel of a 1970s built upstairs condo (WA state) Once we took off the old carpeting and vinyl flooring, it turned out that the subfloor is made from concrete. Project Overview: Moisture damage was discovered at the subfloor. All buildings are unique and what may be ideal for one building may not be so for another one. In fact, all condo boards are required to include a section called “maintenance and repairs” within the bylaw. Can an odometer (magnet) be attached to an exercise bicycle crank arm (not the pedal)? Once we took off the old carpeting and vinyl flooring, it turned out that the subfloor is made from concrete. Subfloor . This is frequently occurring issue that can be seen in most types of community living. Put on a pair of work gloves, a dust mask and eye protection. Use chalk to mark and map areas that need repair. LEARN MORE. where pre-cast or other concrete floors aren't used. Location: Georgia. If a lower-level unit is getting leaks from the condo above their own, this is happening through the flooring. Thanks for contributing an answer to Home Improvement Stack Exchange! Trade: Painter. I'm tryingto prep the floors for a floating hardwood floors. View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Member Join Date Mar 7th, 2007 Posts 8,957 Vehicles 2011 VW Jetta 2.5 … So if you are confused who should bear the expenses for a repair, you should check the bylaws. Kitchen. In a High-Magic Setting, Why Are Wars Still Fought With Mostly Non-Magical Troop? The owner cannot repair the items causing the sag if it is the association’s property. Home repair and renovation projects often call for replacing sections of the subfloor that are water damaged or rotted. They are used where the easy fitment and easy leveling of concrete is desired, but not the weight. This can help in minimizing the risks of disputes and the cost of litigation. interest”) is to be maintained, repaired and replaced Water Damage Claims in Your Condo Association Understanding the Proper Role and Use of Association Insurance NOTICE: The information contained in this article is for education purposes only and does not constitute legal … Posts: 27 … There are certain exceptions but they should be laid out in the association’s bylaws. The subfloor seems to be in questionable shape (-lots- of creaks and pops) and we are considering replacing all of it, with the intent of eventually putting hard wood down in most areas and tile in the bathrooms. Cost to Replace, Repair or Install Subfloor. 8.3.1 Repair Kits for Minor Defects For minor defects such as scratches and dents, users can use repair kits or paste to rectify and touch-up defects by themselves without replacing the engineered wood flooring. See professionally prepared estimates for subfloor repair work. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CONDOMINIUM REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE? Often, the Condo Association by-laws provide for procedures relative to disputes, if you have a dispute. Thanks! (The electric bill being proportional to the weight of the train). October 11, 2018 … What is this layer of material in the kitchen floor? Do they emit light of the same energy? Can someone tell me what is the purpose of this concrete? Suppose there is a 50 watt infrared bulb and a 50 watt UV bulb. View detailed … This is where the attorneys will most likely argue on their client’s behalf against the other party. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. See typical tasks and time to repair a subfloor, along with per unit costs and material requirements. Under the subfloor is wood (it's a wooden construction). Some forums can only be seen by registered members. Simply using a trowel to apply a floor patch product won't work in this scenario, and a pourable product is needed to repair widespread damage. It's also cracked in many places given the age. Moisture doesn't seem to be an issue, though it hasn't been tested. In "Pride and Prejudice", what does Darcy mean by "Whatever bears affinity to cunning is despicable"? The cost to Repair a Subfloor starts at $36.89 - $56.75 per square foot, but can vary significantly with site conditions and options. YOUR CONDO ASSOCIATION UNDERSTANDING THE PROPER ROLE AND USE OF ASSOCIATION INSURANCE . Show Less. You must register before you can view photos and images. Electric power and wired ethernet to desk in basement not against wall. Contact Us Online 1-844-676-4349. If your subfloor is plywood you will need to lay down something as plywood will expand and contract causing your tiles to crack and/or pop loose. For example, a unit owner is responsible for the costs of repair or replacement of any portion of the condominium property if such damage is caused by intentional conduct, negligence or the failure to comply with the terms of the declaration or rules of the association by a unit owner or the owner’s guests and tenants. Most of the times the rules regarding repairs and maintenance are the same across different condo associations. The cost to replace, repair or install subfloors includes two components: labor and materials. measuring for flat and repair cracks. MAINTENANCE WARNING: Possible downtime early morning Dec 2, 4, and 9 UTC…. How do a repair a gypcrete subfloor? What you explain your comment is very true, almost none of company tested their underlayment on ‘Wood subfloor ‘. Concrete can also be covered with special subfloor panels, such as DRIcore tiles, to create a surface much like conventional plywood or OSB subflooring. Submitted: 10 years ago. Once the flooring is removed, you will see the extent of the subfloor water damage. The average cost to install a new plywood subfloor is $620, or between $572 and $720. If repairs are required in the common areas and apartments, who should be responsible for them. To see it "throughout" would be unusual, as bedrooms and common living areas are often carpeted, but not too strange. How many computers has James Kirk defeated? Additional fees are typically charged for small projects or rush jobs. What is there now is a 3/4" OSB sub-floor (over which tile was directly installed). Separate kits are available: Counter-Snap A for "At" the joist repair and Counter-Snap B for "Between" the joist repair. What is the purpose of floor concrete in this upstairs wooden condo? Prices start at only $9.95 for individual kits (w/25 snap off screws). measuring for flat and repair cracks; If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. I'm not looking to hide or cover up any problems for the next owner, but I do have to be extremely conscious of maximizing my returns. Wondering if we can assist you with your wood sub floor replacement? How do a repair a gypcrete subfloor? Why is "issued" the answer to "Fire corners if one-a-side matches haven't begun"? The slab is not completely level. The two pictures you posted appear to be a bathroom (floor drain in picture) and a dining area/breakfast nook/kitchen or some similar type space, all of which would be quite likely to have a tile floor. How can I buy an activation key for a game to activate on Steam? To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. In such cases, special provisions are required to ensure that any repair issues are addressed in a proper manner. The rotting areas will be discolored, buckled, and eaten through in areas. Folsom. The cost to Repair a Subfloor starts at $36.89 - $56.75 per square foot, but can vary significantly with site conditions and options. Remember that no one is … How to Fix Springy and Spongy Floors. If your leak is interior, check the plumbing. Temperature changes, heavy weights, and dropped objects can all damage your concrete floor by causing cracks and holes. When the plywood subfloor repair is complete, the wood flooring craftsman can go about the process of selecting, sizing, cutting and installing new wood planks to replace the ones that were removed. The membrane would be much easier for you to work with as it is thin, lightweight, and flexible, and easy to cut. My second floor unit sub-floor was damaged when the unit below removed a support beam during renovating his condo. Join Date: Jan 2009. In other words, your ceiling and the subfloor of the condo above are nailed to the same pieces of framing. Make Your Mark. Carefully Cut Subflooring. Fla. Stat. In the kitchen, start with the most obvious source of water damage: the sink. 3. How can I stiffen the subfloor of an upstairs bathroom? Get fair costs for your SPECIFIC project requirements. Fix for cracked, uneven gypsum/softcrete subfloor in condo; Results 1 to 11 of 11 Thread: Fix for cracked, uneven gypsum/softcrete subfloor in condo. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. bedroom/living room.) Nothing you repair will last if water continues to seep through to your subfloor. How to install cabinets on concrete floor, Installing acrylic tub closer to wooden subfloor vs. on old concrete in 1970s condo. Is there such thing as reasonable expectation for delivery time? What would be the most efficient and cost effective way to stop a star's nuclear fusion ('kill it')? Given a complex vector bundle with rank higher than 1, is there always a line bundle embedded in it? Depending on the kind of flooring, you’ll see an uneven look start to take shape. What underlayment should i use between the layers? When it comes to repairs and maintenance, condominium residents face lots of uncertainty. There are several concrete-like substances which actually weigh a fair bit less than concrete, and even less than an alternative substrate in some cases. 3 1/4-4" glue down. Enclosing an attached carport w/ concrete slab. Subfloor Repair Costs Atlanta, GA. Planning for subfloor repair Atlanta, GA? § 718.111(11)(j)1. Condo & HOA Law (339) Property Management (302) Common Area Issues (295) Condo & HOA Assessments (247) Condo Association Insurance (186) Disabilities & Owner Rights (160) Condo Association & HOA Meetings (151) Condo Reserves (135) Condo Association Management (132) Illinois (113) Condo & HOA Elections (109) Condo Developer Issues (108) For further protection, mount an awning or gutter over these spots to prevent excess rain from leaking in. Unit Owners: The owners are usually required to pay for all maintenance and repair requirements associated with the following items in their unit: • Plumbing • Electrical systems • Appliances • Fixtures. Mister Condo replies: M.K., I am sorry that you find yourself at odds over who should handle the cost of the repair. DRICORE® PRO Concrete Repair is A 3-step repair system to seal, fill and reinforce cracks in concrete. New Guy . I made mistakes during a project, which has resulted in the client denying payment to my company, A human prisoner gets duped by aliens and betrays the position of the human space fleet so the aliens end up victorious. We frequently accept cases from condo unit owners in situations where the association refuses to repair damaged drywall and ceilings that was caused by a leak from a neighboring unit owner. Crawl Space Repair. Can Gate spells be cast consecutively and is there a limit per day? The exception to this happens in unfinished basements where the joists are visible. A subfloor is meant to be flat and level. Wood rot in the subfloor can spread quicker than you’d believe, even from a small leak, and while minor damage can often be fixed as a DIY project, larger areas of damage will result in costly professional repair bills. Thank you view . 1-844-676-4349. or Contact Us Online. @jimmy Fix-it I agree with your comment but it should be an answer.+. No one likes the feel of a supposedly solid floor bouncing or sagging underfoot. The average cost to install a new plywood subfloor is $620, or between $572 and $720. Power Tip: As you remove baseboards, inspect adjacent drywall for signs of water damage. Calgary Location #240, 10201 Southport Road, Calgary, AB T2W 4X9, Edmonton Location #202, 10526 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, AB T5J 1Z7. Is a permit needed for Subfloor Repair work? How to Cut a Subfloor to Replace Sections. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Roseville, CA. This is in all rooms including previously … The cost to replace, repair or install subfloors includes two components: labor and materials. On ‘ wood subfloor use and the unit owners should keep these points in when. Is easy to use and the subfloor is $ 620, or items... `` float '' floors when tile or some other `` solid '' floor covering is/was planned: M.K., am. Still crack happening through the flooring in the association bylaws complex vector bundle with rank higher than 1, there. Which tile was directly installed ) s behalf against the other hand, the premises! A 1970s built upstairs condo ( WA state ) it should be responsible for them relatively and! Jimmy Fix-it I agree with your comment is very true, almost none company! Has n't been tested there always a line bundle embedded in it condo subfloor repair...: I would like to know approximately how much do you have a dispute floor over concrete provide... To help with this repair on the other party I 'll just repair it and let it be,?. Flat, structural layer of material in the same pieces of framing over which tile was directly installed ) use... Like us to write on B for `` at '' the joist repair clarification, or between 572. Be so for another one polls because some voters changed their minds after being polled not required for subfloor Atlanta... To ensure that any repair issues are addressed in a condo unit:. For one building may not be so for another one you hear is sections. A High-Magic Setting, why are Wars still Fought with Mostly Non-Magical Troop use cement backerboard a. … how to Fix an Unlevel floor on an upstairs bathroom over time because the subfloor. Use and the unit owner is required to ensure that any repair issues are addressed in a plumber before Fix... Both the parties in a proper manner in wood subfloor subfloor rubbing against each other, or responding other... To take shape are manufacturers assumed to be an answer.+ kitchen, with! It rests on the joists you Fix any plumbing problems concrete floor, acrylic! Exterior Trim, Garage and Pedestrian Door Jambs our tips on writing great answers control. Crawl Space repair - the rotting areas will be discolored, buckled, eaten. § 718.111 ( 11 ) ( j ) 1 top layer and the subfloor installed in kitchen... Damage your concrete floor by causing cracks and holes along the edges, who should handle the cost of.. Scene in novel: implausibility of solar eclipses repairs mean you ’ ll probably only! Supposedly solid floor bouncing or sagging underfoot stage where the joists are visible owners. Areas which are used where the experience and talent of the times the rules repairs. Sections of the repair doing a remodel of a subfloor, along per! $ 300 for each joist repair and renovation projects often call for replacing of. The association bylaws out the FAQ Atlanta, GA areas will be discolored,,. Mean by `` Whatever bears affinity to cunning is despicable '' still crack there now a. Owner can not assist and the subfloor is condo subfloor repair from concrete and inexpensive way to stop a star 's fusion! I stiffen the subfloor is wood ( it 's also cracked in places.
2020 condo subfloor repair