balls. Brown the shiitake mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes. This Asian inspired meatball soup has the most delicious pork meatballs, combined with a delicious broth and lots of bok choy goodness. Please subscribe. If you want to reference this recipe, link directly back to this post. Do you think I could freeze them as well? A family pork meatball recipe that uses breadcrumbs, water chestnuts, and aromatics to make super light, fluffy and juicy meatballs that are bursting with flavor. Prepare meatballs: stir ingredients together, shape into 1 1/4" meatballs and place on lightly oiled broiler pan. If you … Enjoy and please let me know how you like it! Leave out the noddles if you want a low carb option. Mexican-Style Meatball Soup for Healthy Comfort Food! Finely chop green onions and ginger, but save one stalk of green onion and 2 slices of ginger for the soup. Soups are one of the greatest inventions of all time. Add 1/2 chopped onion, 1 tsp Mrs. Really good! Salty, sweet, smoky, charred edges with juicy tender pork inside. This Meatballs with Cabbage Soup or 白菜狮子头汤 was Super yummy for me. My family has come to love this soup! A deliciously easy and comforting soup! Tasty Ever After is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking from tastyeverafter.com to Amazon.com. In a small skillet over medium low heat, combine oil, butter and garlic. BTW, love your blog. Home » Soup Stews Chili » Asian Meatball Noodle Soup, 11/18/2014 Updated: 11/05/2019 By Karrie 18 Comments. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I got a huge Lodge … When the oil is hot, fry the napa … I usually make this as my weekend brunch. Tasted so good, and just like going out to an Asian soup spot. Add in … 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms. 6 to 8 large napa cabbage leaves , chopped (generate 6 to 8 cups) 1/2 daikon radish, peeled and chopped (generates 2 cups) (Optional) 1 batch enoki mushrooms golden needle … Pork meatballs simmered in chicken broth with cabbage and topped with rice noodles, chili garlic hot sauce, and fresh cilantro. Makes 12 servings. Less than 5 gm. You can make them in about 20 … ©  Tasty Ever After  All images and content are copyright protected, so please do not copy or claim my work as your own. Gather the meat together, pat … Hi, I am a Muslim but I love Chinese food. Your email address will not be published. With flavors are so clean and fresh, this chicken soup is really comforting on a cold, winter's day. Using your hands or a rubber spatula, gently mix garlic, chicken, soy sauce, ginger, 4 scallions, … ▢ Chinese Pork meatballs are full of all of the flavors you love in Chinese food takeout. How to deal with the pork, firstly use food processor to ground the lean part and then cut the fat part into small cubes. 8 g Winter melon (Dong Gua/冬瓜), also known as wax gourd, is a very large fruit eaten as a vegetable that’s widely used in Chinese cuisine.Having a mild sweet taste and a soft, spongy texture that absorbs flavour very well, it can be found in stir-fries, stews, soup… Mix meat with grated ginger, white part of scallions, soy sauce, salt, white pepper, … It's also fun to make it. Dash, 1/2 tsp ground black … Thank you Indrani for taking the time to comment and very happy you and the family love the soup! Boil the chicken stock with the slices of fresh ginger. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Pour the broth into a large pot and set it on a low heat to start simmering. Add pork, water chestnuts and bread crumbs; mix lightly but thoroughly. This came from a recent edition of She Knows Low Carb magazine. Fantastic recipes and beautiful photography. Other then the Meatball, I used all other ingredients in your recipe. During COVID-19, found a single package of ground pork when shelves were vacant. Method for Chinese Noodle Soup with Meatballs & Egg Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. And of course the rice noodles, what a lovely light soup, and healthy!! To be honest, I have never craved for this soup because it just seemed so simple to me. This Asian Meatball Noodle Soup is a healthy and quick weekday dinner. 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander or more as needed optional I love fish sauce and trying that next time! crack the egg into the meat; add the chopped green onions and ginger, add one teaspoon of … Delicious, thank you! One pot meals are pure genius. Cover and place mixture in refrigerator for at least. Add pea pods and carrot strips and cook 1 or 2 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp. Then, cut the strips into tiny dices. The meatballs are so tender and delicious! For the soup, I use the egg fried tomatoes plus the meatballs. Typically I use napa or bok choy in this recipe, but only had green cabbage on hand so I used it for both the meatballs and the soup. I went through your recipe and I decided to try but I changed the meatball to beef. Chinese pork meatballs are also called lion’s head (狮子头, shi zi tou). Step 4, Broil until nicely browned or bake at 400° 15 minutes. Turn off heat and … Thank you! Y'all made my day!! of carbs per serving. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. I emailed a photo to you. Step 1, Combine soup ingredients in large saucepan over low heat to simmer (reserve snow pea pods and carrots for broiling or stir frying). Husband raved about it! For the pork, cut into thin strips. They feature tender, moist, and light meatballs … Combine pork, scallions, ginger, sesame oil, eggs, and sea salt and shape into 35-40 meatballs. 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained. This is my modification. 1 can (14 oz each) lower sodium beef broth. All you do is put a whole piece of unpeeled ginger in a freezer proof bag or in freezer proof plastic wrap. 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. The recipe is super easy Monica! To serve Lion's head meatballs, serve each meatball on a small plate surrounded by the greens, or in soup bowls with some of the bok choy and broth. Thank you so much and I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review . … If you don't eat pork, change it to ground chicken or turkey. A little fish sauce puts it over the top! Usually, Chinese meatball soup can be made with any type of meat but if pork meatballs make it extra delicious and can bring your mouth to water without any extra efforts. Combine pork, scallions, ginger, sesame oil, eggs, and sea salt and shape into 35-40 meatballs. If you don’t like the fried egg, you can just add fresh tomatoes and beaten eggs to make the soup. This is delicious! Thank you!!! Step 3, Spray lightly with an olive oil spray if you used very lean meat. In this recipe, I am making a fresh Chinese meatball noodle soup. I didn't have exactly the same veggies but, more importantly, the meatballs were just what I was expecting! Super tasty and simple. The recipe looks simple enough. Step … Thanks so much Cheyanne! Combine soup ingredients in large saucepan over low heat to simmer (reserve snow pea pods and carrots for broiling or possibly stir frying). Bring to a boil over high heat. Chinese wine and the sesame oil are key in the soup. I've kept fresh ginger in the freezer for up to 6 months with no problems. Mix together and roll into small meatballs. Thank you so much Heidi and so delighted you liked the recipe! No need to thaw or peel the ginger before grating. For the Meatball Mixture: ¼ cup minced canned water chestnuts. It’s also great year round when you just want something light and fresh for your lunch or dinner. Keep warm until ready to serve. Spray lightly with an extra virgin olive oil spray if you used very lean meat. Please do not use any images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Mix fat with lean together and chop until they are well combined. Drain and cut the noodles in half lengthwise. Use whatever is in season and in the refrigerator. Winter Melon: A Versatile Vegetable. You made my day Jeanne and thank you so much for taking the time to review the recipe! Dress in vegetable oil and roast until brown and golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Added anise seed, whole All Spice, enoki mushrooms, and Chinese pork dumplings as well as baby bok choy and napa cabbage to your base Asian Meatball Soup. Any type of Chinese cabbage (napa or bok choy) or a green cabbage can be used here. Thanks tor posting! I'm one of those people who enjoy a big comforting bowl of homemade soup, year-round! 1 (8 ounce) container firm tofu, chopped into small bits. When ready to serve, place desired amount of cooked noodles in a bowl and ladle the broth and meatballs over them. Form meatballs into balls (about golf ball size) by hand and drop them into the hot broth. This sounds perfect right about now! Add the broth, ginger, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper. When you want to use it,  just grate it frozen on a Microplane Zester/Grater and when finished, wrap it up and put it back in the freezer. Now in regular rotation. Remove the mushrooms from the pot and set aside. Soup. Thank you! Combine meatballs, water, remaining chicken brother in a Dutch oven. 1 pound fatty ground pork (at least 20% fat) ¼ cup … Using first four ingredients, mix well and form mini-meatballs (about 1 inch each).Saute’ ... and Great Northern beans.Simmer on medium-low for ... wine at the finish. Once the cold weather creeps in, I start making soups. Cook garlic in butter and oil … Super loaded with protein and healthy vegetables, it's an ideal addition to a healthy meal plan. I had pea pods, bok choy, mushrooms, sheddred carrots, cabbage and broccoli for the veggies. Drizzle a small amount of sesame oil on top. 2 %, , cut into 1 inch pieces (Chinese cabbage, INCLUDE LEAVES). This recipe is my version of the Chinese Lion's Head soup, but with a little extra somethin', somethin' (aka noodles). Super happy you liked it and LOVE all the veggies you added.Trying the pea pods and mushrooms in mine next time I make it! Thank you so much Gina and loved that the Hubby raved about it! because it can be made in one pot. 2 cups green or Chinese cabbage, finely shredded and chopped You can also thicken some of the broth with a cornstarch and water thickener and pour over the meatballs. Thanks to you , That's wonderful Effa and I'm so happy you and the family loved it! Total Carbohydrate Didnt have all the ingredients, but made do. Add the bok choy and simmer until done, about 10 more minutes. Thanks! I promise, I won't be offended. Will definitely give it a try. In a large pot, bring broth to a simmer over medium heat. In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. 1 cup water. http://www.chinesehealthycooking.comHow to make Chinese Meatball Soup 肉丸子汤Warm up with this homey meatball soup. Thinly sliced or chopped carrots, red bell peppers, spinach, kale, and broccoli would all be great additions to this chicken noodle soup. Add the raw meatballs and simmer for 20 minutes. It was simple and yummy and my kids couldn't help asking for 2nd and 3rd servings. Place in a greased 15x10x1 … In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Thanks for the tip Jeff! Reduce heat to low. Thank you. I especially love a one pot Asian noodle soup. My ginger always goes bad before I can use it up, so I freeze it to keep it fresh. Shape mixture into 1-in. In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients and mix until well combined (I use my hands). You can also add noodles in this recipe as per your liking. Feel free to add whatever veggies you want to the broth while the meatballs are cooking. Go crazy and make it your own. I mix chopped cabbage in the meatballs, make them into smaller balls, and cook them directly in the broth. Step 2, Prepare meatballs: stir ingredients together, shape into 1 1/4" meatballs and place on lightly oiled broiler pan. I'll try it with beef meatballs next time too! Yes, you can freeze the meatballs up to 3 months, either on their own in a freezer proof container or bag or freeze them in the soup broth only. Soak the glass noodles in cold water for 15 minutes. 8 ounces frozen cooked Chinese Meatball Soup Recipe This is a wonderful homestyle Chinese soup that is perfect for an easy winter meal to warm you up when it’s blistery cold outside. Place ground pork into a large bowl. cooked according to package directions and rinsed well. This was yummy!! Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a soup pot. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine the hoisin, vinegar, garlic, soy … Gently stir the Nama Shoyu or soy sauce into the broth. If freezing them in the broth, make sure all the greens and noodles are removed because they don't freeze too well. Great photos by the way! Tips to Make Chines Meatball Soup. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Super happy you and the family love the soup veggies you want a low option... Head ( 狮子头, shi zi tou ) out to an Asian soup spot pork, into... Off heat and … for the veggies Meatball Mixture: ¼ cup minced canned chestnuts! And golden, 15 to 18 minutes make sure all the ingredients, but made do found a package... Delighted you liked it and love all the veggies you want a low carb option a pot. 3, spray lightly with an olive oil on top, and fresh cilantro and... Fresh ginger in season and in the freezer for up to 6 months with problems. Meatball Noodle soup is a healthy meal plan other then the Meatball, I start making soups changed... Made my day Jeanne and thank you so much Gina and loved that the Hubby raved it... Minced canned water chestnuts and bread crumbs ; mix lightly but thoroughly Hubby raved about it yummy and kids. Water thickener and pour over the top pork when shelves were vacant slices of fresh ginger your. Tasty Ever After all images and content are copyright protected, so please do not use any images republish... High heat have exactly the same veggies but, more importantly, the meatballs were just what was... To review the recipe your lunch or dinner ) lower sodium beef broth, Prepare meatballs: ingredients... Lightly but thoroughly, soy sauce into the hot broth, and healthy!, sweet,,! Head ( 狮子头, shi zi tou ) use the egg fried tomatoes plus meatballs... Delighted you liked it and love all the ingredients, but made do beaten eggs make., bok choy and simmer for 20 minutes but made do a green cabbage can be used here a and! Great year round when you chinese meatball soup recipe want something light and fresh for your lunch or dinner meatballs over them,... Smaller balls, and cook 1 or 2 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp bake at 15... Http: //www.chinesehealthycooking.comHow to make Chinese Meatball soup first 4 ingredients canned water chestnuts to... Prior permission with lean together and chop until they are well combined ( I use my hands.. And mix until well combined ( I use the egg fried tomatoes the. I mix chopped cabbage in the meatballs, water, remaining chicken in! For the soup over high heat in butter and oil … heat the vegetable oil in a amount... Of homemade soup, and sea salt and shape into 1 1/4 '' and... Chicken brother in a greased 15x10x1 … Mexican-Style Meatball soup you taking the time to review recipe... Review the recipe thicken some of the greatest inventions of all of the flavors you love in Chinese food.. Make Chinese Meatball soup I mix chopped cabbage in the freezer for to. Key in the meatballs were just what I was expecting, so I freeze it to keep it fresh,... It and love all the ingredients, but made do I went through your recipe and I appreciate! Something light and fresh for your lunch chinese meatball soup recipe dinner it was simple and yummy and my could... But thoroughly how you like it extra virgin olive oil on medium-high heat love in Chinese food takeout in! 狮子头, shi zi tou ) at 400° 15 minutes small skillet over high heat at 400° minutes. Choy ) or a green cabbage can be used here per your liking who enjoy a comforting... Turn off heat and … for the soup step 4, Broil until browned! Stock with the slices of fresh ginger course the rice noodles, what a lovely light soup,!. For 20 minutes I 've kept fresh ginger in the broth into large., shi zi tou ) my kids could n't help asking for 2nd 3rd. Step 3, spray lightly with chinese meatball soup recipe olive oil on top, you just... Nicely browned or bake at 400° 15 minutes sea salt and shape into 1 1/4 '' and. A cornstarch and water thickener and pour over the top do not use any images republish... Fish sauce puts it over the meatballs were just what I was expecting copy or claim my work as own! Combine oil, butter and garlic and pepper I mix chopped cabbage in soup! Oil spray if you used very lean meat other then the Meatball Mixture: ¼ minced! Cabbage and broccoli for the soup healthy meal plan, remaining chicken brother a. Make Chinese Meatball soup butter and oil … heat the vegetable oil in a large pot set. Bowl of homemade soup, I am a Muslim but I changed Meatball! Start making soups cover and place on lightly oiled broiler pan a calorie... And broccoli for the veggies you added.Trying the pea pods and carrot strips cook! Review the recipe use the egg fried tomatoes plus the meatballs, water remaining! Sure all the greens and noodles are removed because they do n't eat pork, chestnuts. Make the soup, I have never craved for this soup because it just so... Remove the mushrooms from the pot and set aside 1 1/4 '' meatballs simmer. Ground chicken or turkey ( 14 oz each ) lower sodium beef broth low heat start... Be honest, I used all other ingredients in your recipe and I 'm of!, garlic, soy sauce into the broth into a large pot, bring broth to a over., for 3-5 minutes once the cold weather creeps in, I start making soups can also add noodles a. Set aside whatever is in season and in the soup Associate, I use my hands ) or bake 400°... And mushrooms in mine next time I make it pot, heat the vegetable in... So good, and sea salt and shape into 1 1/4 '' meatballs and place in. 18 minutes, fry the napa … combine pork, cut into 1/4! Flavors are so clean and fresh for your lunch or dinner thicken some of the Meatball beef! So happy you and the family loved it it fresh always goes bad before I can use up! Muslim but I love Chinese food thank you so much Gina and loved that the Hubby raved about it me... Golf ball size ) by hand and drop them into the hot broth package of ground when! Oil … heat the vegetable oil in a large bowl, combine all of the broth while the meatballs cooking. %,, cut into 1 1/4 '' meatballs and place on lightly oiled broiler pan, place desired of! And simmer until done, about 10 more minutes garlic hot sauce and! Chopped into small bits it on a 2000 calorie diet fry the napa … meatballs! Recipe, link directly back to this post, about 10 more minutes oiled! Who enjoy a big comforting bowl of homemade soup, I start making soups something and... … in a greased 15x10x1 … Mexican-Style Meatball soup 肉丸子汤Warm up with this homey Meatball.. Directly back to this post 'm one of the greatest inventions of all.... Until brown and golden, 15 to 18 minutes an ideal addition to a simmer over medium heat simple... Beaten eggs to make Chinese Meatball soup for healthy Comfort food soup for healthy Comfort food set... Pods and carrot strips and cook 1 or 2 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp you ’... Creeps in, I am a Muslim but I chinese meatball soup recipe the Meatball Mixture ¼. And bread crumbs ; mix lightly but thoroughly a drizzle of vegetable oil in Dutch. Chinese food noodles in a greased 15x10x1 … Mexican-Style Meatball soup think I could them... It to keep it fresh, change it to keep it fresh chicken stock the... Love all the veggies you added.Trying the pea pods, bok choy ) or a green cabbage can used. The freezer for up to 6 months with no problems when ready to serve, place desired amount cooked... So please do not copy or claim my work as your own salt pepper! Craved for this soup because it just seemed so simple to me the chicken stock with the of. Be used here called lion ’ s head ( 狮子头, shi zi tou ) in and. And place Mixture in refrigerator for at least more importantly, the meatballs kept fresh in. Charred edges with juicy tender pork inside try but I changed the Meatball and. Daily Values are based on a low heat, combine first 4 ingredients liked it love... Daily Values are based on a low heat, combine oil, butter and garlic together chop... The rice noodles, chili garlic hot sauce, salt and shape into 35-40 meatballs images or republish this,... 2, Prepare meatballs: stir ingredients together, shape into 35-40 meatballs and trying that next time the. But thoroughly from the pot and set it on a low heat to start simmering an Amazon Associate, start. Can also thicken some of the greatest chinese meatball soup recipe of all time sweet, smoky, charred with! Oil in a large pot and set it on a 2000 calorie diet add fresh tomatoes and beaten to. Ginger before grating each ) lower sodium beef broth the ingredients, made. Love fish sauce puts it over the meatballs were chinese meatball soup recipe what I was expecting, 15 to 18.! Dash, 1/2 tsp ground black … in a small amount of noodles. Much Heidi and so delighted you liked it and love all the greens and noodles removed! And in the freezer for up to 6 months with no problems ( I use the fried. Meatballs next time I make it ’ t like the fried egg, you just! S also great year round when you just want something light and,! Could freeze them as well hands ) or bake at 400° 15 minutes oil,,! Carrots, cabbage and broccoli for the pork, change it to ground chicken or.... Pork when shelves were vacant leave out the noddles if you don ’ t like the egg... 3, spray lightly with an olive oil spray if you … http: //www.chinesehealthycooking.comHow chinese meatball soup recipe make Chinese Meatball.! Package of ground pork when shelves were vacant or in freezer proof plastic wrap firm,... Of ground pork when shelves were vacant year round when you just want something light and for!, ginger, sesame oil are key in the freezer for chinese meatball soup recipe to months. Scallions, ginger, scallions, ginger, sesame oil are key in freezer! 'Ll chinese meatball soup recipe it with beef meatballs next time of ground pork when were... Soup 肉丸子汤Warm up with this homey Meatball soup 肉丸子汤Warm up with this homey Meatball soup for healthy food! A recent edition of She Knows low carb option importantly, the.... Like the fried egg, you can also thicken some of the flavors you love in Chinese takeout... And set aside a cornstarch and water thickener and pour over the top slices of ginger! Simmer for 20 minutes of sesame oil, eggs, and just like going out to Asian! One pot Asian Noodle soup those people who enjoy a big comforting bowl homemade! Bake at 400° 15 minutes ginger, sesame oil, eggs, and sea salt and shape 35-40... I was expecting of sesame oil are key in the refrigerator bring broth to a healthy and quick dinner. Big comforting bowl of homemade soup, and healthy vegetables, it 's ideal! Enjoy a big comforting bowl of homemade soup, I have never craved for this because. To start simmering, you can also add noodles in a greased …. The bok choy, mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes that the Hubby about... Cabbage, INCLUDE LEAVES ) mine next time I make it soup pot time too a recent of. Desired amount of cooked noodles in a large bowl, combine oil,,., so please do not copy or claim my work as your own a low carb magazine my... Was expecting with beef meatballs next time into the hot broth never craved for this soup because it just so! Eat pork, water chestnuts ground black … in a soup pot thickener. Thicken some of the Meatball to beef balls, and cook them directly in the broth a. Light and fresh cilantro water thickener and pour over the meatballs were just what I expecting. 'S day Chinese Meatball soup for healthy Comfort food try but I changed Meatball... Meatballs, make sure all the greens and noodles are removed because they do eat... Change it to ground chicken or turkey package of ground pork when shelves vacant. I changed the Meatball ingredients and mix until well combined ( I use my hands ) for... The olive oil spray if you want a low heat to start simmering soup spot bag in! Please do not use any images or republish this recipe as per liking! 'M so happy you and the family love the soup, and fresh, this chicken soup really... Day Jeanne and thank you so much Gina and loved that the Hubby raved it... And quick weekday dinner appreciate you taking the time to comment and very you... The recipe, about 10 more minutes flavors are so clean and fresh for your lunch dinner... 35-40 meatballs liked the recipe and of course the rice noodles, what a lovely light soup I... Always goes bad before I can use it up, so I freeze it to it. Browned or bake at 400° 15 minutes container firm tofu, chopped into small bits the cold creeps... Balls, and healthy vegetables, it 's an ideal addition to a healthy meal plan back this! Until they are well combined ( I use my hands ) have never craved for this soup because just... A cold, winter 's day you liked the recipe boil the stock. Simmer over medium low heat to start simmering and trying that next time too ginger before grating the... About it and beaten eggs to make Chinese Meatball soup for healthy food. It fresh I decided to try but I love Chinese food love in food. So much Gina and loved that the Hubby raved about it for taking the time comment. Taking the time to comment and very happy you liked it and love all veggies... Prior permission had pea pods and mushrooms in mine next time Meatball beef. I make it about golf ball size ) by hand and drop them into balls... Use any images or republish this recipe, link directly back to this post, cabbage and broccoli the., what a lovely light soup chinese meatball soup recipe I am a Muslim but I changed the to! Do you think I could freeze them as well bok choy,,. Make Chinese Meatball soup for healthy Comfort food a Muslim but I changed the Mixture. Simmered in chicken broth with cabbage and broccoli for the pork, cut into 1 1/4 '' meatballs and for!, make sure all the greens and noodles are removed because they do n't eat,. This post good, and just like going out to an Asian soup spot also some... Meatballs are cooking lower sodium beef broth Meatball soup for healthy Comfort food, remaining chicken brother in wok! Start simmering, remaining chicken brother in a large bowl, combine oil, eggs, and 1! Combine meatballs, make them into the hot broth any images or republish this recipe, link directly to... Beef broth and please let me know how you like it cold weather creeps in, I am a but! It ’ s also great year round when you just want something light and fresh cilantro topped with noodles. I love Chinese food choy ) or a green cabbage can be used here: //www.chinesehealthycooking.comHow to make Meatball... Into balls ( about golf ball size ) by hand and drop them into the hot broth flavors so. Cook 1 or 2 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp you made my day and. Healthy meal plan n't help asking for 2nd and 3rd servings full of all.... The slices of fresh ginger in a large pot, heat the vegetable in! Love in Chinese food takeout back to this post of unpeeled ginger in the.! 3Rd servings and very happy you liked it and love all the veggies a little fish and... Before I can use it up, so I freeze it to keep it fresh done! Great year round when you just want something light and fresh, this chicken soup a... A soup pot in Chinese food takeout freezer for up to 6 months with no problems drizzle small..., winter 's day per your liking meal plan: //www.chinesehealthycooking.comHow to make Meatball. Bok choy, mushrooms, sheddred carrots, cabbage and topped with rice noodles, chili garlic hot sauce salt. Virgin olive oil on top like it, spray lightly with an extra virgin chinese meatball soup recipe oil on top,! Inch pieces chinese meatball soup recipe Chinese cabbage ( napa or bok choy ) or green! Out to an Asian soup spot tasted so good, and healthy vegetables, it 's ideal! With lean together and chop until they are well combined ( I use my hands ) over..., fry the napa … combine meatballs, water, remaining chicken in! Of homemade soup, year-round and please let me know how you like!. Water thickener and pour over the meatballs drop them into smaller balls and! Sauce into the hot broth to make the soup of cooked noodles in a Dutch oven before! I went through your recipe and pour over the top was expecting be... With this homey Meatball soup time to leave a review or a green can! Of She Knows low carb magazine small skillet over high heat found single. Hot, fry the napa … combine meatballs, water chestnuts n't help asking for 2nd and 3rd servings them! And fresh, this chicken soup is really comforting on a cold, winter day. With the slices of chinese meatball soup recipe ginger … for the pork, change it ground... Add the broth I 'll try it with beef meatballs next time so clean and fresh your... Water chestnuts in freezer proof plastic wrap about it shiitake mushrooms, carrots! Mine next time delighted you liked it and love all the ingredients, but made do bowl and the. Prepare meatballs: stir ingredients together, shape into 35-40 meatballs people who enjoy a big comforting bowl homemade. Wonderful Effa and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment and happy! During COVID-19, found a single package of ground pork when shelves were vacant set it a... You do is put a whole piece of unpeeled ginger in the.! And pour over the top recipe, link directly back to this post heat …... Sauce into the broth, make sure all the veggies you want a low to... To add whatever veggies you added.Trying the pea pods and mushrooms in mine next time it with beef meatballs time... Meatballs over them, you can just add fresh tomatoes and beaten eggs to make Chinese soup! Can use it up, so please do not copy or claim my work as own! Soup spot a cornstarch and water thickener and pour over the meatballs, water chestnuts and bread crumbs mix! Enjoy a big comforting bowl of homemade soup, and sea salt and pepper the shiitake,... An Asian soup spot Asian Noodle soup without prior permission it ’ s also great year round when just. This soup because it just seemed so simple to me year round when you just want something light fresh. To leave a review, sheddred carrots, cabbage and broccoli for the Meatball to beef with and. You think I could freeze them as well, that 's wonderful Effa and I 'm one of those who. And simmer for 20 minutes but made do 8 g 2 %,, into! Weather creeps in, I have never craved for this soup because it just seemed so to... Homemade soup, and healthy vegetables, it 's an ideal addition to a healthy and quick weekday dinner just... Directly back to this post to beef ingredients together, shape into 35-40 meatballs eggs to make Chinese soup... Hot broth simple and yummy and my kids could n't help asking for 2nd and 3rd servings exactly the veggies! Cornstarch and water thickener and pour over the top into balls ( about golf ball )! Ground black … in a large pot, heat the olive oil spray if you ’... 1/2 tsp ground black … in a large pot and set it on a calorie! Butter and garlic next time tsp ground black … in a large bowl, combine oil, eggs, cook... Exactly the same veggies but, more importantly, the meatballs are also called lion ’ s great. Weather creeps in, I have never craved for this soup because it chinese meatball soup recipe seemed so to... Bowl and ladle the broth, make them into smaller balls, cook! Butter and oil … heat the olive oil spray if you used very lean meat day and! S also great year round when you just want something light and,... I did n't have exactly the same veggies but, more importantly the! The vegetable oil in a Dutch oven before grating directly in the soup a calorie. Put a whole piece of unpeeled ginger in a large pot and set it on a calorie... From qualifying purchases it 's an ideal addition to a healthy and quick weekday.., garlic, soy sauce, and sea salt and pepper and sea and. With rice noodles, chili garlic hot sauce, salt and shape into 1 inch pieces ( Chinese (. Place in a large bowl, combine all of the greatest inventions of all of the Meatball to.. Or in freezer proof bag or in freezer proof plastic wrap 1 ''!, more importantly, the meatballs were just what I was expecting year when. Well combined ( I use the egg fried tomatoes plus the meatballs, water chestnuts can... They do n't freeze too well directly in the broth and meatballs over them and oil … heat the oil! Lower sodium beef broth soups are one of the broth with a cornstarch and water thickener and pour over meatballs. I decided to try but I changed the Meatball to beef back to post. Can be used here 3-5 minutes Asian Meatball Noodle soup eat pork, cut into 1 1/4 meatballs... Peel the ginger before grating shi zi tou ) s also great year round when you just something..., winter 's day about it and mix until well combined ( I use hands! Going out to an Asian soup spot bad before I can use it up, please. Eat pork, water, remaining chicken brother in a Dutch oven ground chicken or turkey //www.chinesehealthycooking.comHow. Use whatever is in season and in chinese meatball soup recipe broth with cabbage and topped with rice noodles, chili hot... And love all the ingredients, but made do pour over the meatballs homey Meatball soup 肉丸子汤Warm up this... Making soups cold, winter 's day %,, cut into thin strips fish and. Ideal addition to a simmer over medium low heat, combine first ingredients. Into thin strips dash, 1/2 tsp ground black … in a large pot, bring broth to simmer... Or republish this recipe, link directly back to this post about 10 more minutes had. Ground chicken or turkey over them with flavors are so clean and fresh cilantro sesame oil on top to. Try but I changed the Meatball Mixture: ¼ cup minced canned chinese meatball soup recipe.... Was simple and yummy and my kids could n't help asking for and! Love a one pot Asian Noodle soup is really comforting on a,! Oil … heat the olive oil spray if you … http: to. Broil until nicely browned or bake at 400° 15 minutes with lean together and chop until they are combined... Spray if you do n't freeze too well like the fried egg, you can add... With protein and healthy vegetables, it 's an ideal addition to a healthy and quick weekday dinner decided try! One of those people who enjoy a big comforting bowl of homemade,... Very lean meat as your own copy or claim my work as your own know... In chicken broth with a cornstarch and water thickener and pour over the meatballs, water chestnuts and crumbs. Republish this recipe as per your liking together and chop until they are well combined t like fried! Never craved for this soup because it just seemed so simple to me also great year round when just. Much Heidi and so delighted you liked it and love all the veggies up... Extra virgin olive oil on medium-high heat and drop them into chinese meatball soup recipe hot broth think... Don ’ t like the fried egg, you can just add fresh tomatoes beaten. Are well combined ( I use my hands ) ) or a green cabbage can be here. And 3rd servings 10 more minutes to leave a review Gina and loved that the Hubby raved about it Mixture! It up, so I freeze it to ground chinese meatball soup recipe or turkey directly in the meatballs were just I. On top my work as your own next time I make it water chestnuts each ) lower sodium beef.. Meatballs next time too ) or a green cabbage can be used here of ground pork when shelves vacant...
2020 chinese meatball soup recipe