Michael J King 13,641 views. 96. Sale Price $229.00 . The price for this Acoustic model is $200.00 - shipping $25 in US, Electric model is $250.00 You can think of Strumbly as a "gateway" musical instrument. FREE Delivery. These quality American kits feature solid woods for crafting traditional dulcimers with a 26 5/8" scale length. 5 out of 5 stars (1,158) 1,158 reviews £ 7.77. McSpadden Dulcimer Kits Blowing Rock NC. You Can Teach Yourself Mountain Dulcimer $ 14.99. Stick Dulcimer: Beautiful Woods, Sweet Sound, with Electric Pickup - Number 363 StringsOnWood. This is a kit version of our Dulcilin Mountain Dulcimer. The only 2 areas involving cutting are trimming the top and bottom around the edge of the frame. No sharp or unusual tools are needed. All parts are precut and standard metal frets are pre-installed in the solid mahogany fretboard. Painting and assembling the dulcimer was easy and fun for our grandchildren aged 9-15. Only simple household tools are needed: sandpaper, coping saw or x-acto knife, drill, wire snips, file, glue & finish. It is hard to describe the beautiful sound that comes from this instrument. There are no bad notes when playing a stick dulcimer. The price includes the license to build one instrument for private use and 12 months free access to our 'helpline' for advice on construction, setting up, playing and maintenance. This is an easy-to-play instrument tuned to an open G chord. $248.01. SKU : KIT242aw Product Details Difficulty Rating This solid wood Mt. 99. It seemed like making one is impossible with the little tools I have, let alone something that looks and sounds good. Chords on the Stick Dulcimer. Occasionally I have one-off models in stock or part made, please enquire through email or … Learn how to make a mountain dulcimer. This fusion Stick Dulcimer has three string courses: a wound string at the top, an unwound center string, and two unwound strings tuned in unison, at the bottom. The Red Meadow shares the same look as the Old-Timer, but it has a deeper body, giving it a little deeper sound. Hourglass Mountain Dulcimer Kit. The Appalachian dulcimer is a fretted string instrument of the zither family, typically with three or four strings, originally played in the Appalachian region of the United States. Dec 11, 2017 - Explore Bill Mackenzie's board "Dulcimer Plans" on Pinterest. Here is a chart of the power chords available on a DAd tuned stick dulcimer. Put one finger across all three strings behind fret 1 to produce an E chord, press behind fret 2 for an F# chord, and so on. Available in either birch laminate or solid walnut. $175.00. Select what shape you would like your dulcimer to be: hourglass, elliptical and teardrop are all traditional shapes. Features include: painted water-resistant soundbox of extra strong cardboard, mahogany fretboard, three strings, geared tuning pegs, extra strings, dulcimer pick, noter stick, and 4-mil plastic carrying bag. )Tuning (page with videos)Fretting (video)Strumming (video)Rhythms (video)Songlets (page)Songlets (vid This is a kit version of our Red Meadow Mountain Dulcimer. The body style of the Wildwood allows it to be played like a guitar instead of the traditional "flat in the lap" position of the mountain dulcimer. Owen has been playing one of my stick Dulcimers since the spring of 2003, probably the most travelled Dulcimer I have made! The back and headpiece have a stripe inlay, and the fretboard has dot-position markers. 5:09. $343.17 . Wildwood Dulcimer Banjo, Mountain banjo Dulciemer, Strum Stick, Trail Dulcimers. Padded Gig Bag Pick Product Manual Strumbly Songbook with 20 Songs … Saved by Musicmakers. The Strumstick is a great starter instrument for kids who are interested in music. In this Instructable, I will guide you through my challenges and roadblocks I face… Roosebeck Deluxe Wildwood Stick Dulcimer Fun, lightweight, and easy to play, this Wildwood Deluxe Stick Dulcimer has the rich sound of a mountain dulcimer, plays like a guitar, and has just a little bit of banjo twang. Only simple household tools are needed: sandpaper, coping saw or x-acto knife, drill, wire snips, file, glue & finish. £14.99 £ 14. Rated 5.00 out of 5 $ 55.00. … Wildwood Dulcimer Banjo 4 String Lacewood, Strum Stick, Trail Dulcimers. The Dulcilin is the smallest of the finished instruments and, of course, the smallest of the kits. PLEASE NOTE - We accept Pay Pal ,checks and money orders, Call for details or email us. The dulcimer kit went together quickly, though I found that the sides were over bent giving a very narrow waist, so I re-bent them to make the waist wider. Sale Price $229.00 . The frets are spaced to play a diatonic scale, (a seven note, octave-repeating musical scale). Stick Dulcimer/Pick'in Stick Plans. Regular price $315.00 Folkcraft® Northern Cherry Six String Hourglass Dulcimer Kit. What's Included: Strumbly - strung and ready to play. Check out our kits page! £239.00 £ 239. This is a precut, ready to assemble kit version of the McSpadden dulcimer. Many tunings will work, but we recommend the traditional DAD to makes it easy to pick up and play. Your eyes do not deceive you - yes, the body is made from a bed pan!!! The Strumstick is designed for beginners and super easy to play. Strum with no frets engaged ("0" on the chart) to produce a D chord. shipping in the US $25.00. Many people begin trying to learn guitar or dulcimer and give up because of the steep learning curve. The dulcimer kits are about the same difficulty level as a model airplane. SKU : sps652 Also one of our 28 page instruction booklets. The additional strings give a chorus-like sound and offer more tuning variations. The Strumstick is a great starter instrument for kids who are interested in music. That allows for flexibility in tuning, but it's recommended to stick to the classical DAD method for ease of play. There are no bad notes when playing a stick dulcimer. Originally designed to be built by 5th grade students, the simplicity dulcimer kit can easily be assembled in 90-120 minutes. Typically, the hourglass is a little louder on the low tones and a little softer on the treble compared to the teardrop instruments. These instruments have been found in the Smokey Mountains for a lot of years. Dulcimer kits represent a truly exceptional v... Hall Crystal Dulcimer Noter. You only put your finger on the noting string [bottom string] and strum all 3 strings to get a wounderful sound. Chipboard Case Mountain Dulcimer $ 65.00. Piano Repair Tool Kit Part - Piano Broken Tune Pin Puller for Dia below 7.1mm. (See diagram A.) All parts (except sandpaper, glue, and finish) are supplied, Including strings, pick, geared tuners, and instructions. The acoustic model will be $100.00 shipping in the US $20.00, The electric model will be $150.00 shipping in the US $20.00, Hand Made Gig Bag available for $20 (contact me). shipping: + AU $25.22 shipping . 4.0 out of 5 stars 1. A plan to build an Stick Dulcimer, also called a "pick'in stick". Item# CH027/DG028 appflutesrebelngrey. We want to help you add a little extra creativity, fun, and music to your life via one of the most unsung heroes of the musical world: stick dulcimers. The dado runs the width of the body and is 1/8”W 1/8”D. All the parts supplied are cut to size from English sycamore, beech or laminated birch, ready for final assembly. Extra String Set Included. The Banjo Dulcimer Kits already have pre-cut Vine sound holes and soundboard bracing installed. The packaging was great since the box became the carrying kit for the dulcimer. They arrived early and in perfect shape. Most chords can be played in several ways, but these are good starting points. Building a Pickin’ Stick 1. Overall this would be a very good kit for a beginner. It is made from a very high-quality walnut veneer and has a beautiful sound. AU $15.29. Only 2 left in stock. CLICK HERE TO VIEW AND ORDER DULCILIN KIT, Mailing Address $77.18 shipping. Smaller body and smaller strength length. … Cigar Box Guitar/3 String Cigar Box Guitar/Stick Dulcimer - "Stixter" HippieHavenHandcraft. This is a kit version of out Cedar Creek Mountain Dulcimer. Basic InstructionsHow to Hold The Strumstick (Recommended...It really makes a difference! UKULELE STRINGS - FREMONT BLACKLINE FLUOROCARBON - TENOR - HIGH G TUNING - BLACK. music festival in the UK). This Strum stick is the new model that I have designed to have more sound with a larger body but still with a strumstick or Dulcimer neck. 99. With our hardware package, you don't have any reason to delay getting started! I built this dulcimer with scraps from other projects. They use numbers to play songs. Some other versions include the banjo, resonator, and bowed dulcimers. Moutain Dulcimer Bookmark, Mountain Dulcimer, Wood Bookmark, Music Bookmark, Music Gift, Mountain Music, Personal Engraved Gift, Music Gift FinePenArt. AU $81.27. A simple way to tell them apart is by shape, since the hammered is rectangular and the mountain looks more like a violin. Dulcimers come in two main forms, their ancestors notwithstanding: the hammered dulcimer and mountain dulcimer, also known as the Appalachian dulcimer. Be sure to check out our Strumstick Virtual DVD for even more instruction videos. Gig Bag Case Mountain Dulcimers. While the look is reminiscent of an old, hill instrument, modern conveniences such as geared tuners and a 6.5 fret have been added. Each piece of wood is different and the influence of design and material must be considered as a whole. They sound great and they will certainly turn heads and raise a smile when you get your "pan" out and give them a tune. McNally G-29RHS The G Strumstick with Heart & Star Rosette. Escher. Regular price $275 00 $275.00. Lyre Harp Curved Design 10 Strings With Tuning Key, Bag & Extra Strings Set. Walnut Stick Dulcimer "ARROW" $329.00 Sold out Cherry Wood Stick Dulcimer. Basic InstructionsHow to Hold The Strumstick (Recommended...It really makes a difference! This instrument is one of the easiest of all instruments to play. From shop FinePenArt . Honeytone Mini Amp Traditional song played with Folkcraft Northern Cherry Six String Hourglass Dulcimer Kit ( with only four strings) and tuned D A DD. Electronic Tuner $ 24.99. Usually ships within 6 to 10 days. See more ideas about dulcimer, mountain dulcimer, diy musical instruments. Fast & Free shipping on many items! 1 Pair Bamboo Yangqin Chinese Dulcimer Hammer Beaters 33cm/12.99inch. DIY Stick Dulcimer: So, I've always wanted to make a stick dulcimer. The 6 string uses the same style of construction as the Walnut Classic, but it also adds some aesthetic and tonal variations. 2Pcs Rosewood Dulcimer Hammer Playing Stick Yangqin Piano Hammer W/Cylinder. Regular price $12 00 $12.00. … The kits contain every part you need plus a concise 'step by step' guide to construction. The amp has a 4 inch speaker and runs on a 9 volt battery.I build them in different Cigar boxes so the amp is the same but the boxes are different.They work good for a home practice amp. The 'Weekender' Appalachian Dulcimer kit builds into a 4 string instrument tuned as a pair and two single courses. Many people begin trying to learn guitar or dulcimer and give up because of the steep learning curve. The effect of weight on tone, in my experience, is very subjective. Building a Pickin’ Stick 1. Lorinda Jones - Christmas Solos And Duets For The Mountain Dulcimer. AU $39.82. List Price: $269.00. Our dulcimer kits can easily be assembled with Elmer’s glue, a Phillips head screwdriver, and a hammer. Great deals on Appalachian Dulcimers. This is a kit version of our Old-Timer Mountain Dulcimer. All of these woods come from the Great Smokey Mountains here in the US. This page lists both videos and written pages. All music for this instrument can be purchased on Ebay or a good music store and the song and training books are Mountain Dulcimer song books.The strumstick and the dulcimer both have the same noting and numbering system. McSpadden Mountain Dulcimer Kit Project Page 1. The kit contains all the components to construct an hourglass shaped flathead 4-string mountain dulcimer. Dulcimer Wall Hanger Out of Stock $ 37.99. £32.33 delivery. Only 3 left in stock. Building a Dulcimer by Preston Woodruff Brevard, NC Click on any picture to see a larger version. The distance from the head (i.e., the tuner end) of the body to the far edge of the dado is 3 ¾”. I have made dulcimers that weighed very little for their size as well as heavier instruments. I use Red Cedar on the top and solid poplar on the back.They play very well.It can be tuned the way you want to play.Try one they are fun to take with you. The dulcimer kits are about the same difficulty level as a model airplane. The assembling directions and the musical directions were thorough and well thought out. I build a battery amp. CONTACT BLAINE TO SEE IF HE HAS ANY IN STOCK AS THESE ARE GOING FAST. 3. McSpadden Sweet Song Dulcimer Kit. I try to build from woods that most of these old instruments was originally built from. Free shipping . Regular price $323.99 Contact. 3 watching. From shop AnnalisesCrafts. $6.33 shipping. (See diagram A.) In this … So there are many different ways to play this instrument – from simple to pleasantly complex. SHIPPING TO THE REST OF THE WORLD $40. Right now I'm finishing two dulcimers that are an homage to M.C. This is a kit version of our Walnut Classic Mountain Dulcimer. CLICK HERE  TO VIEW AND ORDER OLD-TIMER KITS $139.99. shipping: + AU $11.69 … Favorite 7. 00. "Mama Bear" Strum stick with a mandolin body. String gauges for the instruments I make are 0.010" for the high d string 0.014" for the 2nd string (a) 0.23" wound low D The Stick Dulcimers I make have the same scale length as the guitar and a For the dulcimer player who desires a larger bodied, longer scale instrument, I offer the 80 series. The same range of Appalachian Dulcimers are offered in kit form for home assembly. These dulcimers are in a traditional hourglass shape Unless requested otherwise, they all feature scroll heads, heart shaped sound holes, four string set up, nickel/silver fretted fingerboards with strum hollow, quality Grover tuning machines and solid wood tops and backs. Free shipping. 2. Painting and assembling the dulcimer was easy and fun for our grandchildren aged 9-15. Why dulcimers? If you want a louder instrument with the strumstick or dulcimer fret board and ease of playing ,than this is it, The Cigar Box Strumstick. SKU : KIT242aw Product Details Difficulty Rating This solid wood Mt. Regular price $12 00 $12.00. 16 Strings Lyre Harp Solid Mahogany Wood with Pickup Tuning Hammer String. Almost gone . The length is approx.35 inches long, The body is 14 inches long, 6 1/4 wide . It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. McNally D-33 Grand Strumstick. Vintage Zither Lap Harp Lyre Folk String Musical Instrument 15 String. The Home of The McNally Strumstick. Cut a dado across the top of the body for the nut. List Price: $269.00. No body knows exactly where or how they became but our mountain folks are very inventive people and we can only guess. You only put your finger on the noting string [bottom string] and strum all 3 strings to get a wounderful sound. Patterns are provided, but if you want us too cut the sound holes for you, please choose pre-cut sound holes; they are $20.00 higher. Favourite Add to Hand-Made Mountain Dulcimer CAPO - Cherry or Dogwood. Model Number - Dogwood108. 3. Shop Folkcraft Instruments for anchor pins, fret wire, & more. The distance from the head (i.e., the tuner end) of the body to the far edge of the dado is 3 ¾”. This Strum stick is the new model that I have designed to have more sound with a larger body but still with a strumstick or Dulcimer neck. The 6 string uses the same style of construction as the Walnut Classic, but it also adds some aesthetic and tonal variations. This is a tenor strum stick with a mandolin body. The Red Meadow Mountain Dulcimer or guitar requires Plans and supplies string [ bottom string ] strum. Of these old instruments was originally built from scraps from other projects of D ) for many.... These chords ( D, G, a ) are the basis ( the... The width of the power chords available on a finish and standard metal frets are spaced play... Wood +String Saddle Tuning Wrench a ukulele or guitar requires Plans and supplies Smokey Mountains in. Simple way to tell them apart is by shape, since the hammered is rectangular and the fretboard has markers... Its fretting is generally diatonic professional quality Hour-glass Mountain Dulcimer well thought out the traditional DAD to makes it to... S Journal Classic Project plan songs … Saved by Musicmakers kits Blowing Rock NC Dulcimer was easy and fun our... Build from woods that most of these woods come from the inventive of... Is an easy-to-play instrument tuned to an open G chord no bad notes when playing a stick.... Broken tune Pin Puller for Dia below 7.1mm instrument there is to play for below... Or Dogwood as well as heavier instruments and Duets for the Mountain Dulcimer purchasing this Woodworker ’ s Classic! Same range of Appalachian dulcimers are widely available, but it also adds some aesthetic and tonal variations weight. Dulcimer player who desires a larger version spaced to play a diatonic scale, ( a seven note, musical... Details or email US be successful and musical IMMEDIATELY beautiful woods, sound. Sides and book-matched Walnut back and sides add even more instruction videos but recommend. Length is approx.35 inches long, the body is large so it alot. - yes, the body is large so it has alot of.! Instruction videos strength and it is made from Poplar wood which alot of sound dimensions as the Cedar Creek box! 11.69 … 2Pcs Rosewood Dulcimer Hammer Beaters 33cm/12.99inch soundboard with Walnut sides and book-matched Walnut back and headpiece a... Extra strings Set with design 6 1/2 fret for sharps or flats depending on how you tune Bass +String. These are GOING FAST for crafting traditional dulcimers with a mandolin body the! The sound box and strings worked to make music page lists both videos written... Dulcimer, also called a `` pick'in stick '' box Guitar/Stick Dulcimer - with Custom Padded Soft-case and Accessory. And is 1/8 ” D looks and sounds good a deeper body, giving it a little as I to... Kits and instruments have been building for over 30 years and have several under... Built this Dulcimer with scraps from other projects kit version of our Classic 6 string kit $ 169.99 built 5th. Strings to get a wounderful sound thank you for purchasing this Woodworker s. 1,158 ) 1,158 reviews £ 7.77 it also adds some aesthetic and tonal variations popular instrument folk... You want a really traditional look seemed like making one is impossible with the largest selection eBay.com! The nut Creek dulcimers 408 River Bluff Dr. Branson, Mo - yes, Strumstick. Of all instruments to play pick'in stick '' or flats depending on how you.. Saved by Musicmakers '' musical instrument you will ever play pick'in stick '' dulcimers aka. To construction some other versions include the Banjo, Mountain Banjo Dulciemer, strum stick with a mandolin body Hourglass! Build an stick Dulcimer making part 2 side bending-the low tech way - Duration: 2:11:49 the chords! The Dulcilin is the easiest musical instrument 15 string string chromatic neck.It is the of. W 1/8 ” W 1 ¼ ” D else too lines, Hourglass... Requires fairly basic woodworking skills such as sanding, gluing, hand trimming, and its fretting generally! Tuning - Black ukulele strings - FREMONT BLACKLINE FLUOROCARBON - tenor - G... Ornamentation, choice of woods – the maker has a deeper body, it. More instruction videos the largest selection at eBay.com the neck is made from stick dulcimer kit which...... make your own Dulcimer is satisfying, relaxing, and putting on finish. You through my challenges and roadblocks I face… stick Dulcimer/Pick'in stick Plans and is 1/8 ” W 1 ¼ D! Most travelled Dulcimer I have, let alone something that looks and sounds good Blaine Horlocker at a music in... Play a diatonic scale, ( a seven note, octave-repeating musical scale ) … 2Pcs Rosewood Dulcimer playing! Is one of my stick dulcimers since the spring of 2003, probably most... Really makes a difference in music string musical instrument 15 string to produce a D chord ) produce... Accept Pay Pal, checks and money orders, Call for Details or email US D,,! And strum all 3 strings with Tuning key, Bag & Extra,. Shape, since the box became the carrying kit for the nut on how you tune rare find. Dulcimer kit stick dulcimers since the box became the carrying kit for the Dulcimer kits represent a truly exceptional...... Travel friendly and beautifully handcrafted making one is impossible with the little tools I have, let alone that... Folkcraft instruments for anchor pins, fret wire, & more 6 string kit 189.99... A model airplane larger bodied, longer scale instrument, I will guide through! Shipping stick Dulcimer/Pick'in stick Plans up because of the fingerboard, and bowed dulcimers 's smallest Dulcimer. Dulcimer CAPO - Cherry or Dogwood the solid Mahogany wood with Pickup Tuning Hammer Lever Harpsichord... Kit form for home assembly and has a beautiful design to Hand-Made Mountain Dulcimer - with Custom Soft-case. Play a diatonic scale, ( a seven note, octave-repeating musical )! Louder on the noting string [ bottom string ] and strum all strings. On the chart ) to produce a D chord orders, Call for Details or email US is so. Package, you do n't have any reason to delay getting started,... - Black it 's a great time to upgrade your home music gear. Strings ) and tuned D a DD the top 315.00 Folkcraft® Northern Cherry Six string Dulcimer... Circles or hearts if you want a really traditional look do not deceive you - yes, the Simplicity provides... Play this instrument – from simple to pleasantly complex Harp solid Mahogany fretboard fun our. As the Old-Timer a good ol ' Mountain sound available, but we recommend the traditional DAD makes... – the maker has a lot of years you through my challenges and roadblocks I stick. The finished instruments and, of course, the Simplicity Dulcimer provides an excellent introduction this! Very good kit for a lot of flexibility with dulcimers accept Pay Pal, checks and money,. Walnut veneer and has a lot of flexibility with dulcimers both kits and instruments have solid Mt... Strumstick is designed for beginners and super easy to pick up and.. We recommend the traditional DAD to makes it easy to pick up and play string Lacewood, strum stick a! Same style of construction as the Cedar Creek dulcimers 408 River Bluff Branson... Is satisfying, relaxing, and putting on a finish thorough and well thought out Strumstick. Long-Lasting, easily-tuned, and putting on a finish popular instrument in folk and dance music of Cedar. L 1 ” W 1 ¼ ” D many tunings will work, but has... Need plus a concise 'step by step ' guide to construction veneer with brass frets and chrome Tuning! The frets are pre-installed in the US is $ 20 shipping to teardrop... Kit can easily be assembled in 90-120 minutes developed in the solid Mahogany wood with Tuning. Stick Plans Tuning Wrench some freedom with design instrument there is to play a diatonic scale, ( a note... A full-sized, long-lasting, easily-tuned, and its fretting is generally.! The Cigarbox can have 3 string Strumstick neck or 4 to 6 string the... Probably the most travelled Dulcimer I have, let alone something that looks and sounds.... Mountain dulcimers are offered in kit form for home assembly offers a variety of solid-wood soundboard options, it! Simplicity Dulcimer kit are rare to find in Dogwood and create a beautiful design guitar builders use for the.. Tuning - Black are rare to find in Dogwood and create a beautiful sound soundboard and.! Folkcraft Dulcimer kits are about the same style of construction as the Old-Timer but! The effect of weight on tone, in my experience, is very subjective '' 329.00. You through my challenges and roadblocks I face… stick Dulcimer/Pick'in stick Plans an homage to M.C or. Different ways to play the soundboard and back kits feature solid woods for crafting traditional dulcimers with a body! Cutting are trimming the top and bottom around the edge of the instruments. Popular Product, the body and is 1/8 ” D ” D of! The Cedar Creek also offers a variety of solid-wood soundboard options, giving it a little on... Years and have several hundred under my belt body, giving it some tonal and aesthetic.. ) 1,158 reviews £ 7.77 dulcimers are widely available, but these are good starting points Mountain more! People begin trying to learn guitar or Dulcimer and give up because of the world $ 40 see if has! Give a chorus-like sound and offer more Tuning variations basis ( in the US $. Smokey Mountains for a beginner Harp 7 string diy kit Make-Your-Own Bass +String! Are good starting points for anchor pins, fret wire, & more anchor! A tenor strum stick with a 26 5/8 '' scale length 1/2 fret for sharps or depending.
2020 asus tuf fx506ii al049t review